Special Guidelines for Building Cleaning WRT Covid virus

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
craigmaglebyjones

Special Guidelines for Building Cleaning WRT Covid virus

Post by craigmaglebyjones »

I was just called as the ward building representative in charge of weekly meetinghouse cleaning.

I met with my counterpart from the other ward that meets in our building and I was shocked at how little cleaning / sanitizing was happening.
He didn't know which cleaning product should be used for wiping down/sanitizing surfaces and the list of surfaces that he felt needed wiping down was minimal.
There are only 3 boxes of gloves in the building and 2 of those were "reserved for the priests and deacons to use while administering the sacrament".

Has the Church sent out any guidelines on what needs to be done WRT cleaning and sanitizing in these perilous times?

It seems to me there should be an exhaustive list of which surfaces need to be cleaned and which products to use along with a list of procedures that need to be followed. (ie. masks and gloves required by all involved in the effort).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Special Guidelines for Building Cleaning WRT Covid virus

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest checking with your local department of health on cleaning procedures. Different areas have different requirements.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Your FM group might also have some insight. If you don't know who to contact in the FM group, there should be a High Councilor in your stake who has the assignment to coordinate with them.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

On 18 Apr 2019, our FM Group sent this message to each bishop:
All cleaning supplies will now be ordered through Staples. The FM group will shortly stop providing them. Each unit will place orders through Staples for their own needs. This requires that someone in each building have an account set up to place orders. We will help the designated person set up this account.
Since I was already familiar with using Staples to order ward supplies, I volunteered to also manage the cleaning supplies Staples account for my ward. The FM group pays for everything I order using the cleaning supplies Staples account. When I login to that Staples account, I see that the FM has created a list of approved building supplies that I can order using that account. I copied and pasted that list into a Word document, which I have attached to this post.
Approved Building Supplies List.docx
(23.69 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
About June 2020, in preparation for Phase 1 Sacrament meeting in July, our FM group also submitted special orders to Staples for various sanitizing supplies, which were shipped to us at no cost when they became available in the supply channel.
  • * Virex Sanitizing Spray (2)
    * Hand Sanitizer Stands (2)
    * Dispensers (2), these will attach to the stands
    * Hand Sanitizer Refills ( 6)
    * Sanitizing Wipes (3)
    * Sanitizing Spray (4)
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
craigmaglebyjones

Post by craigmaglebyjones »

Thanks Dana! This is really helpful!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd second the suggestion to connect with the High Councilor assigned to building support. He should definitely be aware of exactly what the local FM Group has put in place, and if not, he needs to become aware and then let you know! I imagine that although general guidelines exist, with the different state and local requirements in place, there may be tweaks for different locations. Generally speaking, I think the Church doesn't ask us to go beyond the CDC and State guidelines for cleaning, but local leaders will know if that's true for them.

We received similar info at a similar time from our local FM Group regarding supplies that the Church sent to each unit at no cost. We also subsequently (and without notice) received a new supply of sanitizing solution to replace the Virex.

Return to “General Discussions”