Ecclesiastical recommendation for Graduate Admissions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Apoorvbhambri

Ecclesiastical recommendation for Graduate Admissions

Post by Apoorvbhambri »

Hello I am Apoorv Bhambri. I live in India and I am applying for an MS degree at BYU (Brigham Young University) at Provo, Utah.

In order to complete my application I need to interview with a Bishop of the LDS church. For full disclosure I am not a member of the LDS church or religious in any other way, but the BYU application process prescribes non-LDS members to get an Ecclesiastical recommendation from the Church.
I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out in any way.

Thanks in advance
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Ecclesiastical recommendation for Graduate Admissions

Post by Mikerowaved »

Greetings! If you go to https://maps.churchofjesuschrist.org and type in your address in India, it will show you the unit you reside in on the left. It will most likely be a "Branch", although there are a few "Wards" there, depending on your location. Click on that and it will give you the contact information of your local branch (or ward) leader who, in your case, can act in the equivalent capacity as a bishop. Let us know if you need further assistance and best wishes in your studies.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: Ecclesiastical recommendation for Graduate Admissions

Post by davesudweeks »

Good luck in your studies. You should know that ALL BYU students must have an Ecclesiastical endorsement from their church leader. It is not just a requirement for students who are not members of the church. A local leader to your area should be able to review the requirements with you and confirm you are willing to live by the college standards while attending.

Return to “General Discussions”