New Bishopric

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Post Reply
colbyj-p40
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am
Location: US

New Bishopric

Post by colbyj-p40 »

I am a stake clerk and we just re-organized a Bishopric this afternoon. I do not recall if there is a form or paperwork I need to complete and send to church HQs indicating that we completed the changes today and provide the names of the counselors, etc...

We completed the procedure for gaining approval from the First Presidency...I just do not recall or can find a form on MLS that may deal with notifying Church HQs that the change is complete.

appreciate any insight.
thanks.
JamesAnderson
Senior Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by JamesAnderson »

Chances are the stake president was there, especially if it involved a new bishop which appears to be the case. He should be able to give you guidance on the matter.

You might also want to ask the stake clerk if all else fails, as he would have had to put the matter into MLS or CDOL as well.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1978
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Post by jonesrk »

colbyj wrote:I am a stake clerk and we just re-organized a Bishopric this afternoon. I do not recall if there is a form or paperwork I need to complete and send to church HQs indicating that we completed the changes today and provide the names of the counselors, etc...

We completed the procedure for gaining approval from the First Presidency...I just do not recall or can find a form on MLS that may deal with notifying Church HQs that the change is complete.

appreciate any insight.
thanks.

On the stake MLS there is a Leader and Unit Change Request option that will let you submit the Bishop's change.
The councilors are just entered into the Ward MLS, which will send them up to CDOL
colbyj-p40
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am
Location: US

Post by colbyj-p40 »

thanks, will relook at MLS as I missed seeing the option you mentioned above. I am the stake clerk, and yes the stake president was there. we were both just drawing a blank as to the notification process via MLS.
colbyj-p40
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am
Location: US

Post by colbyj-p40 »

we reorganized another bishopric yesterday, I made the changes via the leader and unit change request to show the new Bishop, I did a send/receive.
Question: Is there anything else I need to do to properly notify Church HQs that th new Bishop is now in action? What needs to be done so he receives the certificate from the First Presidency?
thank you
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10303
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Post by lajackson »

colbyj wrote:we reorganized another bishopric yesterday, I made the changes via the leader and unit change request to show the new Bishop, I did a send/receive.
Question: Is there anything else I need to do to properly notify Church HQs that th new Bishop is now in action? What needs to be done so he receives the certificate from the First Presidency?
thank you

Nope. As long as you did it from the Stake MLS computer, you have done all you need to do. CDOL will be updated, the new bishop will receive his certificate, and he will have access to all of the sites he needs to access, as long as he has an LDSAccount.

Personally, though, I would check CDOL on the 2nd day to make sure it actually updated.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1978
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:
Personally, though, I would check CDOL on the 2nd day to make sure it actually updated.
In general you can check CDOL within an hour and see the changes there.
colbyj-p40
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am
Location: US

Post by colbyj-p40 »

just checked CDOL and it has not updated. perhaps I did something incorrect. I do remember doing a send/receive after inputting the data. I'll double check.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1978
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:In general you can check CDOL within an hour and see the changes there.
One point I was forgetting with Bishops, is that currently they are reviewed by someone at CHQ before the change is made public, so an hour doesn't work on a Sunday or evening.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1978
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Post by jonesrk »

colbyj wrote:just checked CDOL and it has not updated. perhaps I did something incorrect. I do remember doing a send/receive after inputting the data. I'll double check.
In this case it looks like you did it correct. It is waiting for review at CHQ. I'm not sure why it hasn't gotten past that, but I can see that the change is there.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”