YSA Photo Directory

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
coolhandace-p40

Solved

Post by coolhandace-p40 »

coolhandace wrote:I am an out of unit leader at a BYU ward. How do I access my BYU ward info on beta.lds.org?
Problem solved. The Stake Clerk added me as an out of unit leader. I can now access my home ward website and my student ward website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

coolhandace wrote:Problem solved. The Stake Clerk added me as an out of unit leader.
Where did he do that? Stake MLS, Ward MLS, existing LUWS or is there a feature in beta I'm missing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

coolhandace wrote:Problem solved. The Stake Clerk added me as an out of unit leader. I can now access my home ward website and my student ward website.
Yes, that is nothing new. What about beta.lds.org?
dscbigeagle85-p40

While in Beta

Post by dscbigeagle85-p40 »

I am glad to see the new Beta up and going, but it is still a beta. Does anyone know of an easy way to do a nice photo directory for my bishop (again a YSA ward) without using the beta? I did one using Access in the past and will again if I have to, but I am hoping someone on here has an easier answer.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dscbigeagle85 wrote:I am glad to see the new Beta up and going, but it is still a beta. Does anyone know of an easy way to do a nice photo directory for my bishop (again a YSA ward) without using the beta? I did one using Access in the past and will again if I have to, but I am hoping someone on here has an easier answer.

The site has moved beyond the "beta" state to the "new" state. The site is quite functional, and the data is guaranteed to be preserved. So I guess I'm wondering why you would go to all the work of figuring out an alternate way when the capability is available right now. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't use the new.lds.org/directory as it stands now. That is the easiest answer of all.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dscbigeagle85-p40

Thank you for your quick response Alan. I have started importing my wards pictures into the website but can't seem to print a photo directory. Is that possible in the new state or are we waiting for that?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dscbigeagle85 wrote:Thank you for your quick response Alan. I have started importing my wards pictures into the website but can't seem to print a photo directory. Is that possible in the new state or are we waiting for that?
That's a good point, which I should have remembered before replying. I'm sure that the ability to print the photo directory is coming "soon", but there is no clear indication of when that will be, beyond this post:
jdcr256 wrote:Also coming soon (hopefully by the end of summer) we will have a full printing solution to allow members to easily print the ward photo directory on-demand.
It was a lovely day today in the Salt Lake Valley, almost like summer, but I think we'd have to acknowledge that the "hopefully by the end of summer" timeframe has passed.

So if you need a solution fairly quick, you'll have to look at some of the other solutions mentioned in this thread.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dscbigeagle85-p40

Well until that is running I don't see any point in using the new website as it is still in it's infant stage. I will have to find another solution until this problem is solved. Thank you for your help Alan.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

dscbigeagle85 wrote:Thank you for your quick response Alan. I have started importing my wards pictures into the website but can't seem to print a photo directory. Is that possible in the new state or are we waiting for that?
I printed a very simple photo directory using the "manage photos" link. This brings up all the photos, one page at a time with only the members name. I then did a screen capture, pulled the photos up in Photoshop, edited them where necessary, and then printed them. It wasn't nearly as labor intensive as it sounds and it produced a very minimal photo directory.
dscbigeagle85-p40

Unfortunately my Bishopric also requests phone numbers and addresses. I am in the process of creating a new way of doing it that I am hoping will be convenient, and I will be more then happy to share if it works as well as it does in my head.

Return to “General Discussions”