who will set apart elders qourum president

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jordankelly wrote:I cant understand why ynu are well wishing him as eqp as he is not elidgible to fulfil that calling as a realised bishop i am sure he would have been ordained as a high priest.

There is no reason a worthy high priest could not serve as an elders quorum president. After all, he is most definitely an elder; the fact that he has additional responsibilities as a high priest does not change that fact.

In the particular scenario discussed in this thread, the mission president who holds the keys in that location authorized the setting apart and conferral of keys for this brother to serve as elders quorum president in his branch. Surely he knew that he was a high priest, since that is information is on his membership record, which would have been reviewed as part of the process of issuing the call. I think we all should acknowledge the mission president's authority to preside and follow proper procedures, which it seems quite clear he has done.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
greggo

Post by greggo »

I just wanted to point out that, in the case of a branch being a part of a district (not a stake), there is no high priest quorum and no branch high priest group. All ordained elders and high priests are part of the branch elders quorum. In these circumstances, it's often the case that an ordained high priest is called as the elders quorum president.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

District is not exactly as a Stake.
Branch in a District have no HP Group organized, even if all male members (for some reason) hold HP office.
Handbook came with help also in this topic.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
RichPrice1

Re: who will set apart elders qourum president

Post by RichPrice1 »

Our branch is aspiring to be a ward. Most of the statistics are in order accept that we have very few Elders because most of the brethren are retired. The Elders that are here only attend speratically. In fact, last Sunday there were none. The Elders Quorum President is even less active. Most of the others, when they are here, work with the Young Men. In our case, if we were to become a ward, we would probably need a High Priest to be called as Elder's Quorum President, as I can't imagine a Ward without an Elders Quorum. Does anyone know of a similar scenario.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

richprice1 wrote:In our case, if we were to become a ward, we would probably need a High Priest to be called as Elder's Quorum President, as I can't imagine a Ward without an Elders Quorum. Does anyone know of a similar scenario.
I have never seen a ward with a high priest as the elders quorum president. I have seen it in branches.

I would think a stake president making the recommendation to create a ward would have in mind an elder to serve as quorum president if the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve were to approve the recommendation to create the ward.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

richprice1 wrote:Our branch is aspiring to be a ward. Most of the statistics are in order accept that we have very few Elders because most of the brethren are retired. The Elders that are here only attend speratically. In fact, last Sunday there were none. The Elders Quorum President is even less active. Most of the others, when they are here, work with the Young Men. In our case, if we were to become a ward, we would probably need a High Priest to be called as Elder's Quorum President, as I can't imagine a Ward without an Elders Quorum. Does anyone know of a similar scenario.
As long as there are Elders in the Branch/Ward there is someone to call as Elders Quorum and an Elders Quorum President. Doesn't mean there will be enough to have a quorum meeting on Sunday due to other callings, and it does mean that EQ President may have another calling as well. As you know thats how things are in small Branches/Wards.

Return to “General Discussions”