Donations through Billpay

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lhsouthern1988

Post by lhsouthern1988 »

We have been doing this but no statements. but haven't gotten any statements from SLC.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

When I was Financial clerk in another ward, we had a Professional Football player in that ward as well as the Bishop had a very well paying job with a Tech Company and I never saw a donation of any kind from either, and the football player was Elders Quorum President. I asked the Bishop the first year he was Bishop about that and he said that he paid his tithing with stock directly through CHQ. I never did ask the football player. Defensive Lineman.

My experience.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

waynecooke wrote:I never did ask the football player. Defensive Lineman.
Great reason! :)

I've donated stock to the church towards tithing on several occasions. It has some perks, such as avoiding capital gains tax, but I always make sure all Fast Offering or Ward Missionary donations are contributed directly to the ward.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marielenaB525

Re: Donations through Billpay

Post by marielenaB525 »

by Mikerowaved »"I've donated stock to the church towards tithing on several occasions. It has some perks, such as avoiding capital gains tax, but I always make sure all Fast Offering or Ward Missionary donations are contributed directly to the ward."

How to do that? don't you need a tax id number for the tithing contribution? how to go about doing that?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Donations through Billpay

Post by Mikerowaved »

marielenaB525 wrote:by Mikerowaved »"I've donated stock to the church towards tithing on several occasions. It has some perks, such as avoiding capital gains tax, but I always make sure all Fast Offering or Ward Missionary donations are contributed directly to the ward."

How to do that? don't you need a tax id number for the tithing contribution? how to go about doing that?
It was quite painless, except it DOES take a bit of processing behind-the-scenes before it becomes effective. My first attempt at doing this was late in December, but the transaction didn't go through until early January. Live and learn I guess.

This link will take you to a page where you will find contact information:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Donations_in_kind

They were very helpful with my donations.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”