Social Networking Survey

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm getting the feeling that link is only good for one shot. It was reset, I took it, and now every one else sees it as completed. Maybe that's why I saw "suggested" answers?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm getting the feeling that link is only good for one shot. It was reset, I took it, and now every one else sees it as completed. Maybe that's why I saw "suggested" answers?
Remember how in one thread Tom said the IP addresses that moderators could see were coming through as the same IP address, the IP address of the Church's gateway hardware?

I wonder if this is a similar situation, the survey thinks we are all coming from the same location because we clicked the link from Tom's post...
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Those were interesting questions. I liked the survey.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I'll have Yvan look into the situation. He is in Europe so his timezone is not the same as most of us.

Tom
yvan-p40

Post by yvan-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:OK, it worked, but I found some thing odd. For example, in Question #2, it allowed me to select multiple answer (hot much time spent in social software.) I'd think there would only be one answer.

I also found the survey "suggested" answers by creating defaults which influenced my answers.

I found the "based on 100 points question rather odd. Seems like it would be difficult to make sure it all added up to 100.

I was also confused by having "neutral" between "important" and "slightly important". It doesn't strike me as a linear order of importance.

Thanks for the input. Question 2 has been reset to be one answer.

The constant sum was introduced so we can identify the relative importance of the factors. While the exact number is not the goal, we should be able to infer some finding from the answers provided.

We tried to use predefined scales with good statistical cronbach alpha. Nonetheless, I will share your concerns with the team.
yvan-p40

Post by yvan-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:Remember how in one thread Tom said the IP addresses that moderators could see were coming through as the same IP address, the IP address of the Church's gateway hardware?

I wonder if this is a similar situation, the survey thinks we are all coming from the same location because we clicked the link from Tom's post...
Let me post this shortcut url: http://esmt.social.sgizmo.com

Please report back if this addresses the issue. All settings in the survey remain the same.

Thanks again for the support.
yvan-p40

Post by yvan-p40 »

tomw wrote:I'll have Yvan look into the situation. He is in Europe so his timezone is not the same as most of us.

Tom
It is 1:26am here in Berlin. I enjoy being in the community forums. :) This brings back memories when we were releasing new versions of the software.

Yvan
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

yvan wrote:Let me post this shortcut url: http://esmt.social.sgizmo.com

Please report back if this addresses the issue. All settings in the survey remain the same.

Thanks again for the support.
Ok, I was able to get in from my home computer now...
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

yvan wrote:It is 1:26am here in Berlin. I enjoy being in the community forums. :) This brings back memories when we were releasing new versions of the software.

Yvan
Thanks for the help Yvan! Now get to bed! ;)

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I also enjoyed the survey and really want to see the results.
I was able to complete it without any problems, though like Russell said the "neutral" choice didn't seem to fit.
- David

Return to “General Discussions”