Scripture Mastery memorization app -- need video out for iphone

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cdc1

Scripture Mastery memorization app -- need video out for iphone

Post by cdc1 »

I'm a Seminary teacher who could really use a "video out" feature for the iphone memorization tools app. I have a big tv in the classroom, and the right cable to allow my whole class to memorize the scriptures together. (I've done this with a borrowed ipad, would love to be able to do it with my iphone.)
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

cdc1 wrote:I'm a Seminary teacher who could really use a "video out" feature for the iphone memorization tools app. I have a big tv in the classroom, and the right cable to allow my whole class to memorize the scriptures together. (I've done this with a borrowed ipad, would love to be able to do it with my iphone.)
Which version of iPhone are you attempting to do this on? I have the iPad 2 which I use daily in my Seminary class. I've only used Apple products for about 2-3 years, but it is my understanding that prior to the iPad 2, there was no video out capability. I'm not sure how this relates to the iPhones. I haven't tried it quite frankly. I use the iPhone 4s, and may give it a try now just out of curiosity to see if it can play video to the TV via the same adapter I use with my iPad 2.

EDIT: I just tested playing video from my iPhone 4s on my home TV and it worked. I conenct the phone to the TV using an HDMI Cable and the Apple Adapter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Cdc1, are you talking about a hardware issue with trying to connect your phone, or a needed feature of the app to use the connection?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”