RecordOut Jack to MEVO Camera is EASY

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: RecordOut Jack to MEVO Camera is EASY

Postby Mikerowaved » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm

russellhltn wrote:
richarddanielwatts wrote:I get the feeling that area FM may get a standardised broadcasting system in due course so they seem reluctant to implement anything right now that may need to be undone in the near future when decisions are made on a more long term strategy.

With the recent changes to the General Handbook, I do expect a standardized system to be developed. But I have yet to hear what it might be. I do know the MEVO was one they were using pre-shutdown.

Our stake center is going through the latest audio/video upgrades this week. They have completely gutted the audio rack that was in a locked room (more of a closet) on the side of the rostrum AND the former wall-mounted satellite rack in the library. They installed a new full-size rack in the library with all new equipment and rewired everything to it. I mean EVERYTHING. All mics and mic jacks, overhead speakers and audio wall jacks are homerunned to it. All video inputs from the new HD PTZ wall-mounted camera and HDMI jacks on the stand and back of the chapel are connected to it. As well as all HDMI outputs going to the pulpit, gym, RS, Primary, & HC rooms. There's talk of wall-mounting large-screen TV's in the Primary, RS, and HC rooms, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

This will indeed be a central point for producing a webcast with all ins and outs clearly labeled in case you decide to use a PC with OBS/Wirecast/vMix instead of the supplied streaming device. (Photos coming!)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Wattsuk

Postby Wattsuk » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Very interesting.

Our building is not a stake centre. Wonder what may be lined up for buildings like ours in the future?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:This will indeed be a central point for producing a webcast with all ins and outs clearly labeled in case you decide to use a PC with OBS/Wirecast/vMix instead of the supplied streaming device. (Photos coming!)

How exciting! It sounds like a "webcast stake conference" design and not a simplified "webcasting sacrament every week" plan. The latter is the standard I'm looking for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:35 pm

russellhltn wrote:It sounds like a "webcast stake conference" design and not a simplified "webcasting sacrament every week" plan. The latter is the standard I'm looking for.

Looking at it, it seems like with the push of a couple of buttons on the Extron video switch, the wall-mounted camera can get routed to the video encoder making live-streaming any meeting pretty simple. I'll know more when they let me actually get my mits on it. :ugeek:

Of course, this only helps for the one building in our stake. Not sure what the long-term plan will be for ward buildings.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”