highlights not working in certain manuals

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

PamelaBonta

Re: highlights not working in certain manuals

Post by PamelaBonta »

I'm just telling you what currently works. I don't have anything to do with wifi in buildings. Perhaps you should discuss that issue with your facilities management team.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

As a member of the Gospel Library for Windows team, I'm trying to provide an optimal experience for our users while we wait for this content to be annotatable. Poor Wi-Fi experience in buildings is a common issue people report to us. I'm simply taking it into account when making my recommendations.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
CRSesh

Post by CRSesh »

Last year while preparing for my Gospel doctrine lesson in the teachers manual in the Gospel Library windows App I was able to highlight just about everything in the lesson manual and this years Gospel Doctrine teachers manual will not allow me to highlight almost nothing. Just a few areas that don't have bullets nearby which is just about the whole lesson that I'm not able to highlight. This is a major disappointment for this years manual and it makes my lessons twice as hard to prepare for and very difficult to teach as well. Please correct this oversight as soon as possible.

Thank you,
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

some content simply doesn't support annotations in basically any form--no notes, highlights, underlines, etc.

The content team is always working on ways to improve content and how it can be used, but unfortunately, the Windows team doesn't control content.
Such is the nature of the content. As app developers, we don't have any control over what can and cannot be highlighted. It is my understanding that the content team is in the process of some major changes that should resolve this issue some time in the future.
special formatting such as bullets, some italics, long embedded quotes, and chapter headings and descriptions cannot be highlighted.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”