access?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
javiermnb

access?

Post by javiermnb »

What access should I have to use the webcast page if I am only the president of young stake men for a youth conference?
nmecantwin73

Re: access?

Post by nmecantwin73 »

javiermnb wrote:What access should I have to use the webcast page if I am only the president of young stake men for a youth conference?
This page lists who has access to manage events in the webcast portal = https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... t-overview
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As originator, or receiver? You only need the link to receive. You don't need access to the web page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
javiermnb

Post by javiermnb »

Thank you for the quick response :D
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:You only need the link to receive. You don't need access to the web page.
But if you do not have access to the web page, the STS will need to send you the building receive link?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:You only need the link to receive. You don't need access to the web page.
But if you do not have access to the web page, the STS will need to send you the building receive link?
I believe so.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:. . . the STS will need to send you the building receive link?
I believe so.
Then that is something the STS will need to remember to do. Although, with the recent changes on the originating end, that will be far simpler than using the front panel of the Teradek to enter the URL and streaming code for the broadcast. [grin]
danpass

Post by danpass »

lajackson wrote:
Yes. The STS or someone else with access, logs in to the portal and in the Setup for the event, copies the appropriate URL for the recipient. There is a URL for congregations and another for individuals.

The recipient browses to the link, signs in with their Church Account credentials. If they are using a congregation link, they must then choose one of the configured locations.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”