Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
gcollett

Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Post by gcollett »

I don't know where to actually send this request, so I'll start here.

My stake president would like our wards to be able to get at least a rough count of how many people, not just sites, are taking part in sacrament meeting online.

On the event viewing page, after clicking on the button to view a broadcast, the box pops up for viewers to enter their names. Could a text entry box be added that is labeled "Number Viewing" which would then display along side the name on the Full Stats page? Then I could send the ward clerks a PDF of the Full Stats page and they could add up the active viewers at that point in the meeting to get at least some type of attendance count.

(If anyone here knows where such enhancement requests should actually be sent, please feel free to forward this there.)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Post by lajackson »

Most of our members type in their first name and that is all. Some just enter initials. On the other hand, seven units in our stake do not even use the Church webcast system to distribute their meetings, so how are they going to count those members?

I understand the importance of a good count, but the screen shot of the visitor page does not include the number of minutes a person stayed connected. So the screen shot of one ward today would show 47 names, of which only 12 stayed long enough to hear one complete talk. And two of those belonged to another ward, but I suppose they could count under the physically present in the chapel rule that has been extended to actually connected to the Internet rule.

If you click on the Need Additional Help link on the left of the Dashboard page, it will take you to the Help Center Webcast page which has a Feedback link at the bottom. That would probably be the best place to send feedback that would get to those who may be on a position to recommend the change you have suggested to the decision makers.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

gcollett wrote:My stake president would like our wards to be able to get at least a rough count of how many people, not just sites, are taking part in sacrament meeting online.
If he's insisting on a number, I would use the "Individual Sites" number in the post event data. We know the number of people viewing one screen could be anywhere from 0 to ?. At the same time, I've seen a single name appear multiple times using different devices. For a VERY rough number, that's really the only one available. Let him know the actual number of people viewing could be 1/4 or 4x that number, but that's the best the church provides us right now.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
winjesluck

Post by winjesluck »

The feedback link on the webcast sends emails the information to whoever created the event.
I noticed about a couple of months ago I started getting feedback emails with attendance numbers and when I tested out the feedback button, there is now a option to select the amount of people who viewed the webcast (see attached screenshot)
The next webcast I do, instead of them asking everyone watching to text the amount of people viewing the webcast, I'll be suggesting to the presiding officer to see if they can ask people viewing the webcast to click on the Feedback button under the webcast video to enter the number of people that were watching it so I can then forward the numbers through to the clerks.
Attachments
ScreenshotOfChurchWebcastFeedbackForm.jpg
(60.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One of our bishops is going to ask their ward to include their full name and number watching in that box. We'll see how that goes, but it should at least be a step in the right direction
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

winjesluck wrote:The feedback link on the webcast sends emails the information to whoever created the event.
I noticed about a couple of months ago I started getting feedback emails with attendance numbers and when I tested out the feedback button, there is now a option to select the amount of people who viewed the webcast (see attached screenshot)
Looking at the feedback I've received this past Sunday in stake conference, as well as the sacrament meeting the week before, I'm not seeing any attendance numbers.

Perhaps this depends on what data center you're using to webcast?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The screenshot showed a location entry and a number viewing entry.

The feedback I receive does not provide any number viewing information. I get Event Score, Location, Audio Score, Video Score, and Comments. This is interesting, because the feedback I am asked to provide as a viewer does not ask me for information about my viewing location. I do not ever remember providing it, unless it was a default I missed when I first entered my name on the way to the webcast.
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

Some of our wards have asked members when they type their name in before viewing the broadcast, to put the number viewing at their location:

Joe Smith - 4
Mary Franklin - 7
Mark Jensen - 1

Then in the stats section you can count the numbers up under the Individual Sites...its a bit manual, but it is better than nothing.

Maybe you would do something like this:

PV4 - Joe Smith - 4
PV7 - Mary Franklin - 7
HV22 - Mark Jensen - 1

Then you can see the wards too?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”