digital archive with "Vineyard"-like sourcing and editing features for local use

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
carlsmith

digital archive with "Vineyard"-like sourcing and editing features for local use

Post by carlsmith »

Hi, I work with stake level Public Affairs and have seen our archive of photos, videos and other digital media explode. It is inefficient and nearly impossible to manage especially with a goal to re-use for appropriate future occasions

I would like to see the following made available from technology/services already in use:
- provide stakes with server space to create a "permanent" digital media archive that becomes the repository for stake-level content that survives calling, leadership and organizational changes
- make available at a stake-level the features to crowd-source media projects to include tagging photos & video, editing video, audio and text, etc

Not only will these features be invaluable to those working in PAC related activities but it could also serve as a catalyst for preserving meaningful stake historical data in a way that is currently unavailable

Thanks!
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Have you seen https://create.lds.org? If you can get your photos uploaded for general Church use, it might solve the problem you're trying to address. I know that Intellectual Property and privacy issues surround photos, so uploading it through create.lds.org ensures that the proper forms are submitted so that the media is safe to use.
carlsmith

Post by carlsmith »

yes, combining that with existing vineyard-like features and making it stake specific & managed would be exactly what I am thinking. It could be a closed system used strictly as a tool to edit/archive or it could include the ability to mark content available to share (with appropriate consent)
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I don't think you could make this stake-specific unless you simply added a stake tag there. Contact someone at create.lds.org with more questions. I don't think there are any plans for making such a tool stake-specific, but who knows.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”