Missionary email system

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
scion-p40
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Postby scion-p40 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Ahhh, but that doesn't give me today's missing email. I only got a short note referring to it once again. My missionary tends to print my posts to read later because only a few minutes are allowed online. Hopefully she'll follow the suggestion next week --- after she has a chance to read it.

User avatar
joel
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:05 pm

Working on it

Postby joel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 am

We're working on a new email system. It's being pilot tested in a dozen or so missions. Rolling out more missions every month. It will be oodles better than the current one. Be patient.

blaineandholly-p40
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID USA

Server down?

Postby blaineandholly-p40 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

I was just wondering if the Server was down today. I have had several families of missionaries from our ward contact me to see if we received a letter from our son. We did not nor did any of the other parents in our Ward.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:32 am

blaineandholly wrote:I was just wondering if the Server was down today. I have had several families of missionaries from our ward contact me to see if we received a letter from our son. We did not nor did any of the other parents in our Ward.


The missionaries in our ward used the family history computers this past Monday (yesterday) to do their Email and from what I saw they had no problem. Everyonce in a while the "P" day is moved to another day in the week, if the Elders are going to do something special as a group. One such occasion is a trip to the Temple. They would move their "P" day to another day in the week so they could attend the temple.

The result of this change is that Email normally received on a Monday would be delayed until later in the week. With this said, if it goes beyond a week or so with no communication, then I'd contact the mission office. Sometimes missionaries are simply forgetful. :o
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

mschellman
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Lawrence, KS, USA

Postby mschellman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Joel Dehlin wrote:We're working on a new email system. It's being pilot tested in a dozen or so missions. Rolling out more missions every month. It will be oodles better than the current one. Be patient.

My son now uses the new email system and says it is great! And it has the look and feel of a google or yahoo account.

MorettiDP
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:15 pm
Location: São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil

Postby MorettiDP » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 am

It's based at Google Apps, I believe.

mhancock65-p40
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby mhancock65-p40 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:56 pm

I need some help trying to determine my daughter's new email address. She is in the Buenos Aires mission and told us that she will need to use a new email address. She gave it to us, I tried it and my email came back as undeliverable. Can someone please tell me the new format the email addresses? Thanks

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15123
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm

mhancock65 wrote:I need some help trying to determine my daughter's new email address. She is in the Buenos Aires mission and told us that she will need to use a new email address. She gave it to us, I tried it and my email came back as undeliverable. Can someone please tell me the new format the email addresses? Thanks


I don't know the general answer, but my daughter is serving a mission right now and she was issued a new email address. It is in the format first.last@myldsmail.net. Now of course, some names like John Smith will have multiple missionaries with the same name, so they would have to be made unique by some system such as first.last2@myldsmail.net.

But in any case, it's possible that your daughter mistyped the address, or that you mistyped it from her message to you. The most accurate way to get her address is for her to send you an email using her new myldsmail.net account. Then you could look at the sending address and be sure you know precisely what it is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.


Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest