Facebook Apps

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
dbp81

Facebook Apps

Post by dbp81 »

I'm really surprised that LDSTech isn't doing Facebook Apps. It would help a lot of us to share the gospel with friends and get a lot of people involved in LDS applications. Here is a list of things I think would be good to start with:

• Scripture Mastery
  • Mormon.org profile
  • General Conference quote of the day
  • My Testimony
  • Ward Website
  • LDS Scriptures
  • Verse of the Day
Anybody got other ideas?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

The biggest thing that came out of F8 last month was Internet audio provider integration into Facebook, where your friends could see what you were listening to on services like Pandora. That means that if Mormon Channel integrated for example, your friends could see what program you were listening to, or had listened to recently, like that day or something.

I've seen several Spotify lists show up already, typically that one shows like the last three songs they listened to and the stream the user set up so that the friends if they wanted to could go to the same stream or at least one with similar content, but that's different from how Mormon Channel does things, but the end result of the display would be about the same.
shmyers21

Post by shmyers21 »

I think an LDS facebook app is a great idea. Anything to make it easier to share with the world
yasashiku

Post by yasashiku »

One awesome FB app is Relative Finder - it connects with new.familysearch and shows how you are related to your Facebook friends, historical figures, etc

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”