Satellite System No Working in the UK

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
sphester

Satellite System No Working in the UK

Post by sphester »

Hi

I could no find a dedicated topic for satellite systems so have posted here.

Out satellite system has randomly stopped working. The machine is powered on with the red status light flashing.

From the support pages on staketech.lds.org it seems that this is some issue with the signal.

I have checked the setup and oddly some of the setting were not corect but even when changing these back I still get no signal. It was working 2 weeks ago as i use it to record the WWLT session but now i just get nothing.

When i try and do a test for the signal strength it just says it can;t get a singal. Under menu for curetn alarms is says No Carrier Lock and no signal. Under another part of the menu it showed an RF signal of 33 but not sure what that relates to.

The sysem is now set up with the setting fom LDS.org but sill nothing. A reboot has not helped iether

About a month ago i did noice th status light was orange and when i did a signal test it was just below 50% but thought i would see if it got any better guess not. At the same time i did a quick visual check of the position of the dish. One thing that could be causing this issue is trees that have grown quite large. Hard to tell fom the ground but it is one possiblity.

Whats the next step get the FM goup involved? Is it worth calling the service centre for any remote support?

Thanks for the help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Satellite System No Working in the UK

Post by aebrown »

sphester wrote:Whats the next step get the FM group involved? Is it worth calling the service centre for any remote support?
It's certainly worth calling the service center for support. They can help you troubleshoot whether the receiver itself is having problems. But unless there is some simple fix to the receiver, you'll have to get the FM group involved -- they would be the ones to replace the receiver, or repair the satellite dish, or deal with any obstruction to the signal such as trees.
sphester

Re: Satellite System No Working in the UK

Post by sphester »

I'll give them a ring in the week when I can go down later in the evening to ensure I catch them a good time SLC time.

Return to “Satellite”