Simplified satellite checklist as PDF form

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
aclawson

Re: Simplified satellite checklist as PDF form

Postby aclawson » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:33 am

I mentioned the wedding day checklist in the original post... I wasn't able to change that as I would have liked.

The odd filename is a result of my storing that particular file on Onedrive so I can play with it on PC and laptop. It is indeed R6, kh just helps me search for the file instead of browsing through the folder tree and SAVE ENABLED is the version of the file that has the extended options such as allowing acrobat readers being able to save the form with the fields populated.

There is just a pinch of Javascript in the form - since you may have to take the Eb reading twice (originally then again after you have removed any wasps/debris) but only have room for one report on the last page it copies the Eb value from the first value unless the 2nd reading is populated in which case it uses that and adds a note that the value is after a cleanout.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:57 am

Some additional problems:
  • Step 7b says "If you are unsure what a modulator is, or looks like, please review the online satellite training videos at the Mhtech.ldschurch.org website". Oops. There is no "Mhtech.ldschurch.org" website -- I'm sure they mean "mhtech.lds.org" (which currently points to the Meetinghouse Technology area of RKATS.
  • Step 9 says: "If any modifications are approved, and made they should be noted, along with their purpose, function, who approved them, and in most cases how to get support, on the Satellite Cabinet Information Sheet". I would suggest that its irrelevant whether the modifications were approved -- all modifications should be noted, even if unapproved, but the request is only for approved modifications to be noted. But the bigger problem is that the information sheet has no place to record such information. If it's important to record on the form, the form should have a section for this.
  • On the Satellite Cabinet Information Sheet, there is an unfortunate typo. The second piece of information asked for is "Ward or Stake Unity Number". I'm pretty sure they mean "Unit Number", but since "Unity" is also the name of the line of Wegener satellite receivers the Church uses, it could easily be misinterpreted as asking for the model number or serial number of the receiver. And it only has slots for 6 digits, but many ward unit numbers now have 7 digits.
  • The bottom of the first page gives instructions for calling the "Global Help Center". Aside from that term not being the one the Church uses (it's the "Global Service Center"), the option numbers listed for the interactive voice menu are wrong. Given that the Church frequently changes its menus, it's probably not a good idea to include the option numbers anyway.
  • The article on RKATS is titled "In-Depth STS Satellite System Checklist", but it is primarily about a checklist called "Simplified STS Satellite System Check" or simply "Simplified Checklist"; there's a reference to a possible "in-depth checklist" that may be done by the FM group if requested by the Satellite Support Team based on the results of the Simplified Checklist, but the article is about the simplified checklist, not the in-depth checklist.

aclawson

Postby aclawson » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:47 am

There is a tooltip about the unity vs unit thing in the form

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:53 pm

russellhltn wrote:It comes from CHQ that way.

So then, this is something that comes from Church headquarters that we have never received? Or is it something they are still developing and they plan to sent it out in the future?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:00 pm

It's something stuck up on mhtech without any notice sent out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Satellite”