Sacrament Meeting

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Sacrament Meeting - Zoom Platform

Postby rmrichesjr » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:41 am

jensenmi wrote:There is a deficiency with the Zoom Platform for attending virtual sacrament meetings and Sunday School. The problem is, unlike any other streaming service, to have the family gathered around the TV using an HDMI cable from a laptop, the sound does NOT transfer from the laptop speakers to the TV speakers. ...

Please help.

If this problem is seen/heard when using the Zoom app, there's a (perhaps small) chance the web app might be a useful workaround.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sacrament Meeting

Postby russellhltn » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:23 am

If you're running the Zoom app, you can select the "speakers" in the audio section.

I'm not sure if that is available if you're running Zoom from a web page without the app installed.

Following this article, you could answer "No" to "Do you hear a ringtone" until the sound comes from the TV.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

CalS201

Postby CalS201 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:05 am

I have had the same thing happen on a few occasions - video but no sound. It happens when I startup the computer before turning on the TV and having the TV on the correct HDMI input. Everything works properly if I turn on the TV and have it on the correct HDMI input before turning on the computer. Disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable "should" also make it work.

ccordoba24

Postby ccordoba24 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:51 am

Mikerowaved wrote:
ccordoba24 wrote:I know the server is up before 10 am but not sure if people can log in before 10am.

People can begin viewing at any time. If you're not webcasting yet, they will get a canned video from the church. As russellhltn pointed out, any time after 9am, you can begin webcasting. When you do, any viewers already online will be automatically switched over to your video feed within a minute or two.

Yes, got it..Thanks for the advice.
Cheers,

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”