Online donations for missionaries in other units

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Svargas83

Re: Online donations for missionaries in other units

Postby Svargas83 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:02 am

curtisheidi wrote:We are trying to donate to the missionary fund in a ward we visited in Mexico, where there is a real need. We have the unit # but, as others on here have seen, it won't accept it as it is in another country. Is there another way to get money to a ward outside the United States (e.g., could we send a check to Salt Lake specifying what ward we'd like the money to go to)? Or are we just limited to donating to the general missionary fund?

The LDS website states specifically that you cannot donate funds online to a missionary of another ward if they are in a different country. I don't know if you could send the funds directly to Salt Lake and have them deposited correctly... Do you have any communication with any of the members from that Ward? Maybe you could send the money via Paypal or Western Union (WU is cheaper if done online) and they could just make sure it is allocated to the Missionary Fund for the ward?

I live in Mexico - out of curiosity, what ward do you need the money to go to?
~Stephanie

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:17 pm

curtisheidi wrote:Or are we just limited to donating to the general missionary fund?

This is one of the main purposes of the General Missionary Fund. Just as the Ward Missionary Fund is used in the U.S. and Canada to support missionaries from those countries, the General Missionary Fund supports missionaries from other countries around the world.

Although you cannot be unit specific with the General fund, all of it goes to support missionaries in other countries.

billmolina

Postby billmolina » Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 pm

I would like to support a missionary in Mexico, his parents in present circumstances are unable to pay their share. How can I do it? Thanks. I can be reached also at [personal information removed].
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 am

billmolina wrote:I would like to support a missionary in Mexico, his parents in present circumstances are unable to pay their share. How can I do it? Thanks. I can be reached also at [personal information removed].

I'm not aware of any way to support a missionary in a different country. You might talk to your bishop about transferring financial responsibility to your ward so you can pay it. I'm not sure if that will work, but it's worth a try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”