Tithing/Fast Offering Direct Deposit to Church HQ

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
papacleo

Re: Tithing/Fast Offering Direct Deposit to Church HQ

Post by papacleo »

johnshaw wrote:lajackson,

You can request to have the donations visible or not visible, the default provision is to pass the data through to the ward.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

papacleo wrote:
johnshaw wrote:lajackson,

You can request to have the donations visible or not visible, the default provision is to pass the data through to the ward.
That is an old quote that may no longer be true.
carchibald20

Post by carchibald20 »

I have been paying my tithing online but don't seem to get to the right place today - any special reason?
carchibald20

Post by carchibald20 »

I am not interested in "posting" - just want an answer/
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bd_arent@yahoo.com

Post by bd_arent@yahoo.com »

I cannot figure out how to pay our tithing online. It keeps asking me to supply an email account which I already have. What should I do next?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bd_arent@yahoo.com wrote:I cannot figure out how to pay our tithing online. It keeps asking me to supply an email account which I already have. What should I do next?
Go to ldsaccount.lds.org, go to "Contact Settings" and fill in your email there. Having your email as your user name doesn't meet that requirement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ricksgrad80s

Post by Ricksgrad80s »

Back in the early 1990s I found myself in the awkward position of living in a ward where my brother was the financial clerk. We both worked for the same company, but there was a large difference in our salaries. I didn't want him to know how much I made, since I felt it might cause some envy or resentment.

My bishop called CHQ and received a phone number for me to call. Over the phone they set up an account in my name for record keeping purposes, then gave me the the address at CHQ where I should mail checks with a standard donation slip to pay my tithing. Every January they mailed a receipt of my total donations to my home address. My local ward was never told how much I donated, which avoided any bad feelings that might have resulted if my brother had known my salary.

Even with the online payment system we have today, there's still times when it's best that one's donation data not be shared with his local ward. I haven't needed that option lately, but I certainly hope it's still available.
janicekayr

Post by janicekayr »

Where do I send a check to Church Headquarters for a tithing payment? We have an annuity and this year the entire amount will be used as tithing, and the check is made out to the Corporation of the President. I do not know where to send it, but my clerk says it has to be mailed directly to SLC. I can't find any details or address on where to send this check so it will be applied to our tithing record.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

janicekayr wrote:We have an annuity and this year the entire amount will be used as tithing, and the check is made out to the Corporation of the President.
The first set of instructions at the Qualified Charitable Distribution page from Philanthropies covers your situation.

Return to “Online Donations”