Tithing

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
yaquesita

Tithing

Post by yaquesita »

Is anything in the works for online tithing submissions. I think it is about time we saw something like that.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing

Post by aebrown »

yaquesita wrote:Is anything in the works for online tithing submissions. I think it is about time we saw something like that.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "online" tithing submissions, but it is currently possible to do electronic donations using the bill payment system of most banks. See this post.
rebrich1006

Post by rebrich1006 »

According to the help files on lds.org, there is an app for online donations. It looks to be quite extensive, allowing members to retrieve their own tax statements and donation histories in addition to paying tithing and other donations online. Unfortunately, I can't actually find the app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rebrich1006 wrote:According to the help files on lds.org, there is an app for online donations. It looks to be quite extensive, allowing members to retrieve their own tax statements and donation histories in addition to paying tithing and other donations online. Unfortunately, I can't actually find the app.
Which help files are you referring to? I wonder if you're looking at files aimed at Europe. They have a different banking system and have more options than North America.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

contact donations@ldschurch.org for availability
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
tcpeck

Re: Tithing, online donations

Post by tcpeck »

It appears there is a future app being developed for online donations; the detailed help center article (dated 12 Feb 15) appears to apply to US members (it includes a section on printing "Official US Tax Statements (US Only)" The help center article confused me as there is no app found. I'm familiar with the current ability to send payments directly thru online Banking Institution's bill payment systems directly to Church Headquarters by first emailing an information form/application available from donations@ldschurch.org. These direct donations to Church HQ don't show up on your ward's MLS and year-end tax statements are mailed from HQ directly to the address on your information/application form.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

tcpeck wrote:It appears there is a future app being developed for online donations; the detailed help center article (dated 12 Feb 15) appears to apply to US members (it includes a section on printing "Official US Tax Statements (US Only)" The help center article confused me as there is no app found. I'm familiar with the current ability to send payments directly thru online Banking Institution's bill payment systems directly to Church Headquarters by first emailing an information form/application available from donations@ldschurch.org. These direct donations to Church HQ don't show up on your ward's MLS and year-end tax statements are mailed from HQ directly to the address on your information/application form.
Very interesting. Here is the article:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/financ ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All that's missing is the website URL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:All that's missing is the website URL.
I just tried typing in a random guess and figured out the URL :) , but it brings up a box that says "This site is currently not available in your area or unit." All I can see behind the box is the generic LDS.org header and a little red tab that says "BETA Feedback".
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:These direct donations to Church HQ don't show up on your ward's MLS . . .
Actually, it appears that they do. The instructions tell you to see your ward clerk if you make a mistake and need to change the category of a donation.

I had heard this was coming. It will be wonderful when it gets here, especially because it supports the ward missionary fund. I am actually surprised that you apparently will be able to donate to the ward missionary fund in a different ward, as well.

I look forward to this announcement.

Return to “Online Donations”