Donation for missionary in another country

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
andreweclark

Re: Donation for missionary in another country

Post by andreweclark »

I have a member of my ward who would like to make donations to a friend's ward missionary fund in the Sav-La Mar branch in Jamaica. That unit's number is 289833.

It is his desire to contribute funds to her missionary account directly through the church's online systems so that he may have a deduction for income purposes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andreweclark wrote:It is his desire to contribute funds to her missionary account directly through the church's online systems so that he may have a deduction for income purposes.
As you may have discovered from this thread, it's not possible at this time. We have no idea if there are any plans to make that happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SPILMANBG

Post by SPILMANBG »

I am in the US and want to fund a missionary in Honduras that is not any relation to me. How can I do that? I have the name and the ward number.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

SPILMANBG wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:43 pm I am in the US and want to fund a missionary in Honduras that is not any relation to me. How can I do that? I have the name and the ward number.
Others may chime in here, but I don't think this is possible with online donations. It may be problematic to mail a paper check to their bishop each month but I think that's the only way to do it when they are not in the same country you live in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

General Handbook 24.3.4.1 indicates two different ways the monthly contribution is calculated. For those who are not on the equalized system, it says "Others may also contribute to this amount only if they live in the missionary’s home country". The status for those on the equalized system is unclear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”