Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
123jab

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by 123jab »

I talked to the genealogy people this morning, gave them my email and phone number, later today I got a notice from lds acct. that my email was changed, the one they posted is the same as I use... after confirming it as ok, it then told me to verify my phone number, which I did as the the same one, the next email I got was that my phone number would no longer be used in the system......????????????????? agh!!!!! never did get an email confirming my confirmation of my confirmed email ok!!!!
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

Country codes are currently being worked on, so more can be added. As for phone number changes, ensure your account is up-to-date with the correct phone number by logging in to ldsaccount.lds.org. If the phone number under the 'Contact Settings' is listed, then the number is already associated with your account. If there is no phone number listed, then the number may already be on another account. You may be receiving an e-mail because your e-mail is also tied to that other account.
danielpurdie

Post by danielpurdie »

I have for some time now (ever since my first attempt months ago) been unable to save any changes via the updating account site.

I update some information (e.g. contact email address), click the Save button, which shows the loading animation. Nothing changes on the page, but when I click away, an error appears at the top stating:
Your information has been changed, but not saved. Please save or cancel your changes.
No amount of clicking the Save button resolves this issue. It happens on every tab, e.g. Contact settings, Email subscriptions etc.

I've tried this in Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge, all with the same error.

Is this a known bug? I'd love to be able to update some incorrect information in my account, and have been unable to do so for some time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danielpurdie wrote:I've tried this in Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge, all with the same error.
That's odd. Have you tried it from another computer. And perhaps from a different network?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danielpurdie

Post by danielpurdie »

russellhltn wrote:Have you tried it from another computer. And perhaps from a different network?
I've just tried from work on (different machine and network). I get the exact same error every time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

On ldsaccount.lds.org, there's a "help" link in the upper right corner. Follow though to the end and you should be given a email. The only thing I can think of is that your account is locked for some reason. I could see the church doing that for certain callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rha3l

Post by rha3l »

I'm having the same problem, trying to update my email address but no amount of clicking the save button is saving the new information. Just tried with my laptop & tablet, same thing on both.
KooBE
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by KooBE »

Can you two guys please provide more detail information about this issue? I need to know following information.
1. What country are you in?
2. What language version of OS do you use? For example, Windows 10 Japanese version.
3. What kind of web browser version are you use? You guys already stated web browser name, but I also need version. for example, IE 10, IE 9...
4. Can you also send me a few screenshots? That would be very helpful.
Thanks.
mgigli

Post by mgigli »

I had problems signing in so I had to re set my pass word the phone number came up in Orange
As contact details I did not change the number I gust re entered it

I then found my number was not going to be used my re activation info has re set to a deft mode I have had a defund action activation on text to my phone that I have not resided as a result
I can not activate calendar on lds tools
Your sincerely Mark Anthony Gigli
bsdecker

Post by bsdecker »

I am not sure where to post this. I have two concerns. The first concern is when I went into my account information and out of curiosity looked up all my ordinances, baptism, confirmation, etc. I was shocked to see it is all blank. How do I correct that? The other concern is about my late wife. In looking up information about me I saw that she and I were not sealed to each other. It shows we were married to each other but not sealed. Again how do I go about fixing this? Thank you for any help in these areas.

Return to “Online Donations”