Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
nmecantwin73

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Here's a screenshot of the process detailed in the email:
Generate Official Tax Statement..png
Generate Official Tax Statement..png (49.75 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote:But I realize this tech forum exists in part because not everybody's lds account plays according to the rules :)
Indeed. A few days ago, I was missing the left side of the donations page. So, I couldn't see that. If I logged in as a different user in my browser, it would work.

I also checked how it renders on my phone. Because the screen is so small, only the tithing slip is displayed. You have to click on the "hamburger" icon (three horizontal lines) next to the word "Donations" (not the one higher up in the page header) to find the options you seek.

Either way, this link should take you directly to the statements: https://www.lds.org/donations/#/reports
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
derrick.larsen21

Post by derrick.larsen21 »

I am not seeing anywhere in the donations a place that says donor statements. All that is there is "make a donation". There is no sidebar. I hard refreshed the page with Shift+Ctrl+R and that did not help. Am I missing something?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

derrick.larsen21 wrote:I am not seeing anywhere in the donations a place that says donor statements. All that is there is "make a donation". There is no sidebar. I hard refreshed the page with Shift+Ctrl+R and that did not help. Am I missing something?
That odd page behavior might be due to stale cookies and/or incorrect page content stored in the browser cache. My suggestion would be to delete relevant cookies, clear the browser cache, and then try Shift-Control-R again. If that does not work, you'll need to either have your ward clerk (or financial clerk) print the statement for you or use the Feedback link to request help. If you use the Feedback link, I would suggest you state that you have deleted cookies and cleared the browser cache. Also, if you have Chrome or Safari available to use as your browser, that might be a solution.
wwmahler

Post by wwmahler »

I pay my tithing online but am located in china so my local Branch does not have access. However, I put one donation in the wrong place last year. It was a mission payment for my son that was put into the wrong category. What can I do to correct this?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

wwmahler wrote:I pay my tithing online but am located in china so my local Branch does not have access. However, I put one donation in the wrong place last year. It was a mission payment for my son that was put into the wrong category. What can I do to correct this?
You'll probably need to have your branch clerk contact the global service center and ask them to make the correction.
hulbertn

Not her bank account

Post by hulbertn »

I pay my 91 year-old mother's tithing from MY bank account and then transfer the money back into my account from her investment account. I tried to pay her tithing online for the first time today. All went well until I had to tick the box certifying that the bank account is hers - which it's not! So what must I do now?

It also occurred to me that the program just might tell me I can't pay MY tithing from that account as it is "already being used" (assuming I pay my Mom's tithing from my account)!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Not her bank account

Post by lajackson »

hulbertn wrote:All went well until I had to tick the box certifying that the bank account is hers - which it's not! So what must I do now?
The Church will try to tag your account using her name. Technically, that should be a problem for your bank. If you are able to use her investment account, I believe that would be better. If your bank does not care or does not notice, it probably will not be a problem.

That said, it is likely a youth would need to use a parent banking account, so I believe it can be done. You might also be able to let your bank know to honor the ACH request in your mother's name. There is also the likelihood that no one will notice at all, but I find that to be a risky approach.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Not her bank account

Post by scgallafent »

hulbertn wrote:I pay my 91 year-old mother's tithing from MY bank account and then transfer the money back into my account from her investment account.
There may also be tax implications with this approach. You should consult with a qualified advisor to ensure that you aren't creating an unintended tax liability.

LDS Philanthropies can assist with donations from investment accounts. Go to https://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/gift-planning for more information.
lgpolacchini

Post by lgpolacchini »

I am not seeing the bottom "make a donation" in my account. What I need to do to see this bottom?

Return to “Online Donations”