Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by russellhltn »

lgpolacchini wrote:I am not seeing the bottom "make a donation" in my account. What I need to do to see this bottom?
Are you able to see make a donation at all? If not, what country are you in. It's not enabled for all countries because of the different banking systems involved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kpfrmtn

Post by kpfrmtn »

Today I went to the church site to pay our tithing but the donation link is missing under the members and ward tab. Has it change the location?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Yes. Donations has moved to the 3x3 grid icon menu. Yes, it is rather silly.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
BGColton

Post by BGColton »

I have had the same problem. I sign in on the web page and click on My Account and Ward and a small box appears but the only things listed are Account Settings; My Temple; My Family Tree; Notes; Patriarchal Blessing; Full-time Missionary Portal. There is not a selection for Donations any more. I asked my bishop and he showed me that when he logs in a large box appears and has Donations there, but when I log in I do not have the same box.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BGColton wrote:I have had the same problem. I sign in on the web page and click on My Account and Ward and a small box appears but the only things listed are Account Settings; My Temple; My Family Tree; Notes; Patriarchal Blessing; Full-time Missionary Portal.
Look to the far right of the menu bar with the category list of links you described. There should be a magnifying glass icon for searching and a 3x3 grid of boxes. Click it and you will find the Tools and Support menu list of apps. The Donations link is the first one on the top row.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnjamesmccormack

Post by johnjamesmccormack »

I can't even get out of the profile site. I need to pay tithing, have been doing it wor years online, but now I can't even get to the donation site.
slggrooms

Post by slggrooms »

What do I enter to get to the monthly tithing, fast offering, humanitarian form?
coffeychr

Post by coffeychr »

I made a donation and it says "processing" for more than 24 hours at a time and still won't go through and finish. Is the website down or something? How can we fix this problem?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

coffeychr wrote:I made a donation and it says "processing" for more than 24 hours at a time and still won't go through and finish. Is the website down or something? How can we fix this problem?
Most of my donations stay in 'processing' state for at least a day or two, longer if over a weekend. If I understand correctly, 'processing' means the transaction with the bank has not been completed, and that can take considerably longer than 24 hours in some cases.

If the situation is more complex than how I interpreted it, please post again to clarify.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I made a donation today. It now reads processing and will continue do show that until the donation has been processed completely with the bank. The important notice to you that the donation has been accepted is the first email message you get that states the church has received the donation. You should get that message on the same day the donation was submitted online, or the next business day if the donation was submitted on Sunday or after business hours on other days of the week. The next message for me will be on Monday that states the donation request has been sent to the bank. The final message, the third message, is sent when the donation has been recorded. I may get that message for my donation after the second message on Monday or no later than Tuesday morning. The time it takes for the process to complete depends on how your bank handles ACH payment requests.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”