Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jevcyb

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by jevcyb »

I made a donation through my ward and the donation did not go through my bank account. Later I went online and saw that it was the wrong amount. That was corrected but the correct amount that never went through my bank account was later rejected by the church. When I asked my ward clerk about it he stated that it had been rejected due to insufficient funds. That is not true. I had plenty of funds all of the time and my bank never received the check. Now, what do I do to correct that problem? When I asked my ward clerk he said that I could call the church offices myself but I have no number to call. Who do I call to correct this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this point, I'd give up on the prior attempt and write another check and make sure it's postmarked in 2019. As far as I know, it's not possible to resurrect a rejected donation. The time for getting something entered as part of 2019 is getting very short. There is no way to backdate a new donation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kentwinder

Post by kentwinder »

Can I adjust my on line donations settings so that my local leaders don't see the details of what I contribute?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kentwinder wrote:Can I adjust my on line donations settings so that my local leaders don't see the details of what I contribute?
No.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kentwinder wrote:Can I adjust my on line donations settings so that my local leaders don't see the details of what I contribute?

Thanks
I think there are some additional donation options through Philanthropies (https://philanthropies.churchofjesuschrist.org), but any donations through the regular online donation system are tied to your ward and visible to the bishopric and clerks.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
craigsz28

Post by craigsz28 »

I have used the online donations for some time now. Noticed when I pulled into the history of donations this year, that 2 contributions are not showing, one back in March, and again in the end of June. We always
donate under my husbands #? How do I get this rectified ? I have gone thru my bank statements and have the date and code they used to transfer the funds.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

craigsz28 wrote:I have used the online donations for some time now. Noticed when I pulled into the history of donations this year, that 2 contributions are not showing, one back in March, and again in the end of June. We always
donate under my husbands #? How do I get this rectified ? I have gone thru my bank statements and have the date and code they used to transfer the funds.
Please contact your ward/branch finance clerk. If necessary, he can connect you with the Global Service Center. You'll want that issue cleared up before year-end in order for your tax receipts to be accurate.
banjoecalma

Post by banjoecalma »

Hi I am a ward clerk. Some of the members could not pay their donations online and there is no option of "Make Donations" They only see donation history. How can they pay their tithing online?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

banjoecalma wrote:Hi I am a ward clerk. Some of the members could not pay their donations online and there is no option of "Make Donations" They only see donation history. How can they pay their tithing online?
Is online donation available in your country? On-line is not universal as the church has to set it up for each country's currency, local laws, and banking system.

Some may be able to pay on-line because their account is set up to draw on a bank in another country. For example, someone who moved from the US may still be able to pay from a US bank account.

mmcastell

Post by mmcastell »

I made a substantial donation on December 31, 2020 and it is still being processed on January 4. Only 10% of the donation was withdrawn from my bank account. I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Return to “Online Donations”