Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Postby russellhltn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:44 am

tendercare wrote:i live in the United States and receive social security. i always paid tithes on my gross income that i earned. Do I need to pay tithes my social security income?

In addition to the link above, you can discuss this with your bishop/branch president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

genie692

Postby genie692 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:34 am

My June 2021 donation was posted on my account and my husband's account. How do we correct.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:53 am

genie692 wrote:My June 2021 donation was posted on my account and my husband's account. How do we correct.

Was there two donations with two withdrawals, or is the one donation also visible on your husband's account?

From the donation FAQs:
Why can’t I see my spouse’s donations when I log in to the Donations page?

For legal and privacy reasons, donations are recorded under individual membership records. However, your spouse can authorize you to see his or her donations. To authorize your spouse to view your donations, click Settings. In the “Preferences” section, check the box that says Allow spouse to view my donations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”