Tithing using US bank account in Mexico

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jhlopezq

Tithing using US bank account in Mexico

Post by jhlopezq »

I have been paying my tithing from my US bank account. Now that I live in Mexico I have not been able to make my donations using my US bank account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing using US bank account in Mexico

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest sending an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The online donations people might recommend this, but in case they don't, the church still supports many donation types via Bill Pay. You have to fill out a form and then there are specific payee names they give you to ensure your donations are credited to the appropriate donation types (tithing, fast offering, etc.).

If changing countries is new to you, make sure you get appropriate financial advice about your tax obligations in your situation. For example, if you owe taxes in Mexico and made charitable contributions in the United States in dollars, make sure that doesn't mess up anything. If you owe taxes in Mexico and they offer any type of deduction for charitable donations, they may not recognize donations in the USA. On the other hand, if you're paying USA taxes, they probably won't recognize donations made to the church in Mexico, and that could be the reason you want to do donations in US dollars.
jhlopezq

Post by jhlopezq »

Thank you for the suggestion. I don’t see problems with owing taxes because I am not employed in Mexico. I will send the email you suggested. Again thank you!

Return to “Online Donations”