Unable to make online donation

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
johnengledow

Unable to make online donation

Post by johnengledow »

Hi,

I’m getting the message ‘Currently unable to add an account. Please try again later.’ when I try to make an online donation. I believe I have added all relevant bank details, and am registered for gift aid donations also.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Biggles

Re: Unable to make online donation

Post by Biggles »

I surmise that you are resident in the UK, as you mentioned you are registered for Gift Aid. The online donations system was only officially announced June 1st, for the UK, so I would imagine a lot of people are trying to register. The usual course of action when you receive these types of messages, is to try again later, which could be a few hours or even a few days before you are successful. You will eventually succeed.
I was fortunate that I discovered the donation system had gone “live” on the previous Friday and was able to register, over the weekend, when the system was quiet.
johnengledow

Post by johnengledow »

Still no luck. I have been trying on and off for the past two weeks. I've used different devices just in case there was something in the security settings that was preventing me from using the system. Very frustrating.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is your bank in the same country as your membership records? Have you checked on any restrictions as to the type of account? In the US, we're limited to checking or savings accounts. Credit card accounts won't work.

You might also talk to your bank. It's possible they're refusing an electronic query for security reasons.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”