service member overseas

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
hiiamelvis

service member overseas

Post by hiiamelvis »

How would a service member, who is using the same account information to pay tithing, still donate online when assigned overseas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: service member overseas

Post by jdlessley »

Send an email to onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org explaining your situation and they will be able to set the flag for your account to use the online donations app.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Send an email to onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org explaining your situation and they will be able to set the flag for your account to use the online donations app.
Assuming that online donation is available in the country that your bank is located.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Send an email to onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org explaining your situation and they will be able to set the flag for your account to use the online donations app.
Assuming that online donation is available in the country that your bank is located.
I think you would hard pressed to find a service member who does not maintain a home country bank account with all the moving they do. It provides stability in their finances. At least everyone I knew in my 24 years did that. I am assuming the OP is U.S. military.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Assuming that online donation is available in the country that your bank is located.
Since the original poster wants to "still donate online", I suspect his bank is in a country that already works and that there will not be any problem at all once the Donation Support folks flip the switch.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Assuming that online donation is available in the country that your bank is located.
Since the original poster wants to "still donate online", I suspect his bank is in a country that already works and that there will not be any problem at all once the Donation Support folks flip the switch.
Agreed. My comments were aimed more at lurkers. There are a number of people who want to use on-line donations but can't because it's not available in their country.

The bank you're drawing funds from has to be in a country that has on-line donations, or this "switch" won't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

FWIW - The UK has, in the last couple of weeks, gone live with online donations!

Return to “Online Donations”