Bank Account

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
adwut1

Bank Account

Post by adwut1 »

I recently got a new debit card, and I was trying to change the info on my online donations to the new card. I put in my account number and routing number, but it won't let me check the box at the bottom. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bank Account

Post by russellhltn »

The account number may not be the same as the number on the card. If you have checks, look at the bottom line. Otherwise, I'd suggest looking at your statement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Just to be clear - the bank account for online donations can be either a checking account or a savings account. No other bank accounts are acceptable at this time. Credit cards and debit cards issued for transactions against a checking or savings account will not be accepted. Only the checking or savings account number can be entered into the account number text box.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The account number for online donations would have been the actual checking or savings account number, not the debit card number. Even though you received a new debit card, the underlying account number normally would not have changed.
michaeljeffreyjones

Post by michaeljeffreyjones »

my wife has a current account (UK) and is making a electronic donation for the first time. She has completed all sections correctly and then received a error message that donation could not be completed at this time and try again.She has tried again and gets same message. Has anyone has this error message and if so how do you sort it out
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Has she had the confirmation email regarding the Direct Debit having been accepted? The instructions state that it takes 10 days for this action to be completed. In my own experience, it took 8 business days to receive the confirmation email after entering my bank account details.

I know of several members in my own ward, who have successfully made donations after following the instructions.
michaeljeffreyjones

Also when putting the bank details in settings and clicking save still received the same message Currently unable to add an account.Please try again later, So does that mean the Church has not even received my wife's account details. I personally did not have any problems.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I would double check that she is using a current account, as trying to use savings or debit card details won’t work in the UK. It is always possible, especially at the weekend, there might be server issues.
michaeljeffreyjones

My wife is using her current account and as a Stake Clerk I made sure that she is following the correct procedure in fact in our ward I and one other person has been successful. My bishop and many others in the Stake have been unsuccessful. By Bishop himself has tried 19 times since online donations started and he is an financial expert and I have dealt with computer finance. It is my belief that it is a software problem and should be investigated my tech
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

In that case I would contact the European HQ of the Church and inform them of the issues you are observing. If they don’t know, they can’t fix it!

Return to “Online Donations”