Tithing Reversal and Reprocessing

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
penelope.malu

Tithing Reversal and Reprocessing

Post by penelope.malu »

Hi

I paid my tithing online but the bank processed the transaction a day earlier than normal. As a result the transaction failed and was reversed.

Will the church automatically try and take the payment again or do I need to do another tithing request online?

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Tithing Reversal and Reprocessing

Post by jdlessley »

A donation is only processed once. After it is rejected, or in this case reversed, it would have to be resubmitted.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My understanding is that if the transaction fails, it is canceled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chuggk

Post by chuggk »

I made a donation earlier this month and it reversed on me about two weeks later.
The reason for reversal was an incorrect bank account number.
I checked my account number and it was correct initially.
The number it reversed on was not the number of the account given previously.
I resubmitted my donation today. Please let me know if there is a problem.
Thanks
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

chuggk wrote:I made a donation earlier this month and it reversed on me about two weeks later.
The reason for reversal was an incorrect bank account number.
I checked my account number and it was correct initially.
The number it reversed on was not the number of the account given previously.
I resubmitted my donation today. Please let me know if there is a problem.
Thanks
This is a user-to-user discussion forum. Most likely, nobody with any specific assignment related to online donations will see this thread. I would suggest using these steps, in order, to verify that your donation went through:
  • 1) Check the Donation History page to make sure it shows;
    2) Contact your ward or branch (finance) clerk and ask him to verify the donation went through;
    3) Ask your ward or branch clerk for the phone number to contact the Global Service Center.
RachealHGrimes

Post by RachealHGrimes »

My donation was reversed with the reasoning being "Account Closed" what is it talking about, what account. I use my card all the time so it isn't closed and I am a standing member so Why was it reversed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RachealHGrimes wrote:My donation was reversed with the reasoning being "Account Closed" what is it talking about, what account. I use my card all the time so it isn't closed and I am a standing member so Why was it reversed?
I'm not sure what country you're in, but in the US, only checking and savings accounts are supported. I don't think any cards are.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”