What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by lajackson »

I can only quote what Elder Gong said at the Face to Face broadcast. Whether or not it really happens is another matter entirely.

"in January 2020" could mean anything from the 1st to the 31st.
"begin rolling out" could mean something similar to what johnshaw has suggested.
"look for" could mean we are to get our hopes up and then wait and watch to see what really happens whenever it does.

What happens will be what happens. A few years from now I expect to look back and wonder what the fuss was all about.

I am quite certain that Elder Gong's "really cool quorum" is hoping the rollout is quick, effective, and efficient. But I do not think any of them are actually on the development team writing code. It does seem to appear that Elder Gong is getting to test it. Perhaps we all will get to test it next month.

"the first version" could mean it will be a really interesting test, whenever it takes place.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

lajackson wrote:I can only quote what Elder Gong said at the Face to Face broadcast. Whether or not it really happens is another matter entirely.

"in January 2020" could mean anything from the 1st to the 31st.
"begin rolling out" could mean something similar to what johnshaw has suggested.
"look for" could mean we are to get our hopes up and then wait and watch to see what really happens whenever it does.

What happens will be what happens. A few years from now I expect to look back and wonder what the fuss was all about.

I am quite certain that Elder Gong's "really cool quorum" is hoping the rollout is quick, effective, and efficient. But I do not think any of them are actually on the development team writing code. It does seem to appear that Elder Gong is getting to test it. Perhaps we all will get to test it next month.

"the first version" could mean it will be a really interesting test, whenever it takes place.
And I think this is where the confusion is, people are taking this Face-to-Face as official communication and forgetting the Church sent out an official communication to Stake Presidents and Bishops. The wording in the 'Official Communication' doesn't mention January. And my own personal totally not-statistical analysis is that like most things in the church, we don't read the actual directions, we do what the person before us did, or what our assumption is, or what the policy/program was when they served before, etc... I will never understand why we can't just tell everyone what the deal is....

Initial Alpha with test-unit stakes
Initial Beta with stakes across multiple regions of the church (word from the developers)
Final English Release
Final Non-English Releases over time...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:Initial Alpha with test-unit stakes
Initial Beta with stakes across multiple regions of the church (word from the developers)
Final English Release
Final Non-English Releases over time...
And unless the church takes a "dang the torpedoes" approach to testing, the time table will depend on what's discovered in each round.

Perhaps they find the UI is unsatisfactory and it has to go back for a re-do. Or some basic assumptions about communications have problems in the real world. That's going to take longer than if everything went smoothly. But it would also mean that they listen to what the testers are telling them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TuckerHST

Post by TuckerHST »

scgallafent wrote:The introductory video made it clear that the new program for youth and children begins on January 1, 2020. Your expectation that the app should have been available yesterday is not correct.
Any update, now that it's 2020?
TuckerHST

Post by TuckerHST »

Ok, ok, I've read more posts now. Maybe I'll check in again in the summer.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would remind the quorum or class that the app is on the way, ask them to keep an eye out for it, and let you know when it appears. I would expect you to know of its release within a day or two of when it happens.
LucasCReis

Post by LucasCReis »

There's a huge poster of the Gospel Living app in the current edition of the New Era, does it mean smth? I knw that is not quite simple to talk about dates and stuff, but I knw a couple of stakes are testing the app and it's on its way for us soon
albertoaflores

Post by albertoaflores »

Any updates on this? I have not been able to find it as of today in the IOS App Store
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

Is the Gospel Living app available? I can’t seem to find it in the Apple store.
merrillmadsen

Post by merrillmadsen »

Anyone know if the new app's "Circles" messaging feature can be used in Youth Sunday School classes or will it be limited to Young Men/Young Women organizations?

As a Sunday School teacher, I would love to try this. Otherwise I can resort to other things like GroupMe.

Return to “Gospel Living App”