Gospel Living' app circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
davesudweeks

Re: Gospel Living' app circles

Post by davesudweeks »

scgallafent wrote:
naesemail2 wrote:I work in the YW. We're trying to get all the youth and their parents to download the app to utilize the circles feature for improved communication. A mother reached out for help. When she logs in she automatically has access to the circles for her household, for her calling, the relief society, and her primary children activity groups - but no access for her YW aged daughter. We went in and tried to manually connect her but that hasn't been effective. All info is correct on the mothers end. All info is up to date on the LCR. I'm trying to help her figure it out but so far no answers. Any suggestions?
There is a way for her to see her children's circles. Mine are all out of the house, so I can't walk you through the steps, but I have seen it in the app.
Just a shot in the dark (I, too, am not in a position to test it). If the daughter has not yet logged in to the Gospel Living app, would that prevent anything from loading on the Parent's app (in other words, if the daughter does not have any circles because she has not yet logged in, could this be the reason the parent doesn't see any circles for the daughter)?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davesudweeks wrote:
scgallafent wrote:
naesemail2 wrote:I work in the YW. We're trying to get all the youth and their parents to download the app to utilize the circles feature for improved communication. A mother reached out for help. When she logs in she automatically has access to the circles for her household, for her calling, the relief society, and her primary children activity groups - but no access for her YW aged daughter. We went in and tried to manually connect her but that hasn't been effective. All info is correct on the mothers end. All info is up to date on the LCR. I'm trying to help her figure it out but so far no answers. Any suggestions?
There is a way for her to see her children's circles. Mine are all out of the house, so I can't walk you through the steps, but I have seen it in the app.
Just a shot in the dark (I, too, am not in a position to test it). If the daughter has not yet logged in to the Gospel Living app, would that prevent anything from loading on the Parent's app (in other words, if the daughter does not have any circles because she has not yet logged in, could this be the reason the parent doesn't see any circles for the daughter)?
That's a good thought. I don't know the answer and am not in a position where I could ask anyone today.
ryanseely

Post by ryanseely »

There is a YW who is in one of the presidencies (17-18), but she isn't in the YW circle. Anyone know why or how I can include her in her group circle?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryanseely wrote:There is a YW who is in one of the presidencies (17-18), but she isn't in the YW circle. Anyone know why or how I can include her in her group circle?
Have the clerk verify that she's in that class.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
meghurley

Post by meghurley »

How do you create a circle?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
ryanseely wrote:There is a YW who is in one of the presidencies (17-18), but she isn't in the YW circle. Anyone know why or how I can include her in her group circle?
Have the clerk verify that she's in that class.
I don't think a YW can be called into a class presidency if she is not a member of the class.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

meghurley wrote:How do you create a circle?
Currently, I don't think that's possible.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I don't think a YW can be called into a class presidency if she is not a member of the class.
True, but we'd be making an assumption that she's been properly recorded with a standard position. ;)

davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:I don't think a YW can be called into a class presidency if she is not a member of the class.
True, but we'd be making an assumption that she's been properly recorded with a standard position. ;)
Fair enough!
AtleeButton

Post by AtleeButton »

My circles are not working. It just says that we are working on setting up your circles this may take a few minutes. I’ve be waiting for two days. What can I do?

Return to “Gospel Living App”