How do I sign out / change user accounts?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
mkh512

How do I sign out / change user accounts?

Postby mkh512 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:41 am

An individual is currently logged in on Android but I cannot find a log out option so that I can log in to access my circles. Where can I find that?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How do I sign out / change user accounts?

Postby jdlessley » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 am

Logging out is done through Profile found in the menu bar lower right side of the screen. Once at the profile page tap your user name in Church Account; then select OK at the Remove Local Data screen.

Note this app is not really set up for multiple users on a single device since data and notifications are only for the user who set up the app with their Church Account. I have not tested logging out and back in to see what effect this has on all the data that is deleted during sign-out. Hopefully others may have gone through this and can give some first hand experience.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

drepouille

Re: How do I sign out / change user accounts?

Postby drepouille » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:13 am

That is an important point for both Android and Windows users to remember. If multiple users are sharing a device, then each user should have his own OS account on that device. If they try to share the same OS account, there will always be problems with online accounts and passwords, including those for apps.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Gospel Living App”