Audio Player isn’t working properly

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
mrnonaustralianguy

Audio Player isn’t working properly

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

Whenever I pause audio and leave the app or turn off my iPhone, the audio track STARTS OVER.

APP/DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS
Gospel Living v1.3.0
iOS 14.0
Jeremy 🎶
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Audio Player isn’t working properly

Post by jdlessley »

jeremynwest wrote:Whenever I pause audio and leave the app or turn off my iPhone, the audio track STARTS OVER.
It is unclear as to what you are talking about. I guess I am unclear as to what you mean by 'leave the app' or what you mean by 'turn off' the phone. I assume that leaving the app is the process of changing the 'activity' of the app and that the app is not closed. I am also assuming when you 'turn off' the phone you mean the phone is in the sleep mode. Can you verify what state the app is in and the mode your phone is in?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gospel Living has a player?

My best guess is you're talking about the "Discover" tab, which I see as just a set of links. If there's any music there, it would be up to your device's player to play and remember any stopping points.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrnonaustralianguy

jdlessley wrote:
jeremynwest wrote:Whenever I pause audio and leave the app or turn off my iPhone, the audio track STARTS OVER.
It is unclear as to what you are talking about. I guess I am unclear as to what you mean by 'leave the app' or what you mean by 'turn off' the phone. I assume that leaving the app is the process of changing the 'activity' of the app and that the app is not closed. I am also assuming when you 'turn off' the phone you mean the phone is in the sleep mode. Can you verify what state the app is in and the mode your phone is in?
Yes, you assumed correctly for both.
Jeremy 🎶
mrnonaustralianguy

russellhltn wrote:Gospel Living has a player?

My best guess is you're talking about the "Discover" tab, which I see as just a set of links. If there's any music there, it would be up to your device's player to play and remember any stopping points.
Yes. When you play an album or playlist, there is an audio player.
In case this helps, and you didn’t already assume this, this is about Gospel Living for iOS.
Attachments
7B0255BA-85F7-4283-A715-3495A213B4EA.png
(51.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jeremy 🎶
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I would assume that the Gospel Living app called (activated) the phone system audio player when Gospel Living activity went to 'back ground' that it no longer had control of the system audio player. The developers can adjust the code to have Gospel Living bookmark the audio file and pass that to the system player once Gospel Living's activity resumes as 'active'. Send in-app feedback so the development team can look into what needs to be done. Make sure you explain that you want the audio file to continue playing where the audio was paused.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Gospel Living App”