Gospel Library starting content will not load

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
brianyrogers

Gospel Library starting content will not load

Post by brianyrogers »

My Gospel Library will not load starting content. The error message says my iPad needs to be connected to the internet.
The iPad is connected to the internet. The app was working earlier yesterday. I have not added any additional apps nor changed any settings.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library starting content will not load

Post by sbradshaw »

There is an issue with the content servers starting yesterday morning, that developers are working to fix. Hopefully they will be able to figure out what's causing the issues quickly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One problem was recently fixed that might have caused the issue you're seeing. If you force close and reopen the app, does content come down again? If not, what if you switch to another content language in Settings, then delete English (by swiping it out of the content languages list), then switch back to English again?
blumerpaige

Post by blumerpaige »

I feel like I'm having this same problem, but with the website instead. It's not loading any of the content from the scriptural websites. I can't save any bookmarks or notes and I can access anything from the sciptures. Is this what's happening with the app? I've had my scriptures loading for hours now and they're not showing up.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

blumerpaige wrote:I feel like I'm having this same problem, but with the website instead. It's not loading any of the content from the scriptural websites. I can't save any bookmarks or notes and I can access anything from the sciptures. Is this what's happening with the app? I've had my scriptures loading for hours now and they're not showing up.
No, the website issues aren't related in this case. I have seen several people report issues with the website over the weekend.
jasontyner

Post by jasontyner »

I resolved my issue by going into Settings and checking the languages. For some reason ASL had been chosen in addition to English. I removed it and the app started. No more issues with it saying it had no Internet Connection.
kwpearce

Post by kwpearce »

All i get is the full screen blue icon. Nothing will load for past 5 days (today is 11/1/2020). I have powered down iphone and restarted. I tried change languages back and forth. No change. I do not want to reinstall and lose all my scripture notes. Please advise.
kwpearce

Post by kwpearce »

Never mind. I went into LDS Tools and did as many updates as I could find there (including a stake full synch) and, surprisingly, i was able to fully open the LDS Gospel Library. Success!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kwpearce wrote:All i get is the full screen blue icon. Nothing will load for past 5 days (today is 11/1/2020). I have powered down iphone and restarted. I tried change languages back and forth. No change. I do not want to reinstall and lose all my scripture notes. Please advise.
Are you still seeing this issue?

If you go to Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org or Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, you can check to see if you recent notes and highlights are there – if they are, you shouldn't need to worry about losing them by deleting and reinstalling the app. That said, deleting and reinstalling the app would remove any screens or study plans you have, as well as any downloaded media you might have, which isn't ideal.

Are you able to launch the app if you disconnect from the internet before starting it up?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”