Gospel Living App Circles not updating for the new year.

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
dmburl

Gospel Living App Circles not updating for the new year.

Post by dmburl »

Our Sunday School uses Circles to announce class meeting links. Being as Sunday school is right at the new year our teachers are noticing that the Circle members are not updated to the 2021 class lists. The information on Leader and Clerk Resources is correct for 2021. But, Circles are showing 2020 members. Is there something the ward has to do to update this or is this on the back end? Would really like this to work in about 12 hours or less, being as this is saturday evening right before our first Sunday of the year. :D
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Living App Circles not updating for the new year.

Post by sbradshaw »

It may be that the update script on the Church's servers is taking a long time to run to adjust circles in all of the wards. If it's still not correct by the end of the week, I'd recommend sending in-app feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jagflynn

Post by jagflynn »

This is still an issue. The member list of the circle for the SS class I teach has not updated to reflect the changes that were effective 1 January 2021. Can my ward or stake do something to correct this situation?
jagflynn@hotmail.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jagflynn wrote:Can my ward or stake do something to correct this situation?
Make sure the classes are correct in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russ2p

Post by russ2p »

Anyone Remember the "Lessons" functionality?

Ahhh, those were the days. Used to really like using that and don't remember having this issue with it, but to be fair not the same 1 to 1 functionality that you're referring to.

It seemed to me that Lesson got retired for lack of use not because it was not good functionality but just not marketed well or given a try/tried long enough to gain traction and overcome barriers of change, which are risks for a lot of church apps and functionality.

Return to “Gospel Living App”