Youth mapped to incorrect Circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
sgcurtis

Youth mapped to incorrect Circles

Post by sgcurtis »

Hello,

Our priests are trying again to use circles for weekly communications. However, with the new year, there are Teachers who are now part of the PQ circle. These are YM who are currently 14, turning 15 in 2021, and includes both those who have joined Circles and those who have not. Additionally, those 14-year olds are no longer part of the TQ circle. As far as I can tell, there is no way to modify those membership without revoking their Circles access entirely. Even as bishop, I am unable to edit membership in the Priests Quorum circle. I've tried removing the TQ presidency in LCR, just to force a sync, to no avail.

Anyone else see this? Any solution.

Best,

Scott
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Youth mapped to incorrect Circles

Post by jonesrk »

Are they in the correct quorum in LCR?
sgcurtis

Post by sgcurtis »

Interestingly, the problem was resolved just last night. We sustained a new TQ presidency, and when we added the new presidency, all YM, whether joined circles or not, were in the appropriate circle. This was really weird. All the YM were in the appropriate place in LCR, regardless of whether they were ordained per their age. Once we synchronized the new TQ presidency, it worked.

Here's the only logical path I can think of: the previous TQ president and 1st counselor advanced to the PQ. However Circles was coded, the whole presidency moved into the PQ Circle, even though the 2nd C and Sec should have stayed in the TQ Circle. Once we updated the presidency in LCR, everything was as it should be.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Sounds like a good thing to submit in feedback so that they can investigate.

Return to “Gospel Living App”