Zoom pictures

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
wrigjef

Zoom pictures

Postby wrigjef » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:44 pm

I just moved to a new ward, have been called as an assistant ward clerk and am trying to match faces with names. This is a unusually difficult task with mostly virtual meetings. I have long been an advocate of doing everything possible to ENCOURAGE members to post pictures to the ward directory. Now I’m seeing that it’s VERY helpful if you put an identifying picture (headshot) on your zoom profile. It’s bad enough to scroll through zoom meeting participants and see black squares with initials and it’s even worse when the person speaking looks that way.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Zoom pictures

Postby russellhltn » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:08 pm

I don't think the profile picture will appear unless the participant is already logged into their zoom account (if they have a zoom account) when they join the meeting.

At least, that's what I've seen during my own participation.

Sometimes I have a photo, and sometimes I don't. I have to log in prior to joining to have the photo.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

wrigjef

Postby wrigjef » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Im not sure a person can join a meeting without at least entering their name. Most people that use zoom regularly have a zoom free account and profile (I have one that loads every time I launch zoom).

The bottom line is that if you have the option of adding a photo, it's going to be helpful to someone if you did.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:00 pm

wrigjef wrote:The bottom line is that if you have the option of adding a photo, it's going to be helpful to someone if you did.
Agreed
wrigjef wrote:Im not sure a person can join a meeting without at least entering their name.
I wonder what Zoom's "minimum" requirement is. Most of the time, I see names. Although it might be "screen names" rather than their real name.
wrigjef wrote:Most people that use zoom regularly have a zoom free account and profile (I have one that loads every time I launch zoom).
I think you have to check the option to log in automatically. I'm not sure if that's default or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”