Notes and Journal

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
christoph.zickler

Notes and Journal

Post by christoph.zickler »

I just tried the function 'Notes and Journal' on LDS.org.
I wrote a longer Post and saved it.
About 5 minutes later the post was gone.

So my question is: is this function already working or is it only a beta test and I should better not post my precious notes there because they may get lost?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

That has not been my experience with Notes and Journal, I've been using it for years now with all the tagging, categories, etc... the data is all there. Not sure what happened. This is not a beta release. I'd continue trying and testing, use it in a 'mock' way for a week or so to gauge your experience, increase your sample pool is going to help determine whether you find value here or not....

I love this app
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
billchughes

Automatic sign out is a problem if you are writing a journal entry

Post by billchughes »

I don't know how long the system will allow you to write in the journal before automatically signing you out.

This is a problem if you have been writing and then try to save your journal entry. Once the system signs you out, the entry will not save and all will be lost.

Is there a way to allow more time to stay in the system?

The alternative is to hit save every 5 minutes, but this takes you back to the main screen where you have to re-open your entry.

It's hard to be confident in a journaling system that is going to automatically log you out.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”