Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

Re: Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Post by mevans »

My notes are back today. Yesterday, I couldn't even log in to the church website, so I don't know if they were working yesterday.

I received the standard Feedback response to clear my cache. Occasionally that has been the right answer, but usually it isn't. I was pretty sure it wasn't a cache issue, since I tried looking for my notes on multiple web browsers and they were gone on all of them. I had to get to work and didn't have time to mess with it on that day. Anyway, I'm grateful I can log in today and that they fixed the problem and that my notes aren't lost forever.
MJDoney

Post by MJDoney »

I am having the same problem. I can see all of my Notes and tags on the app on my iPad but not from my computer.
mevans

Post by mevans »

MJDoney wrote:I am having the same problem. I can see all of my Notes and tags on the app on my iPad but not from my computer.
I just checked an my notes are still working.

How often do you use the web Gospel Library vs. the iPad Gospel Library? Do you know when it disappeared on the website? A very common support response from the church is to clear your browser cache to see if that solves the problem. For me, occasionally that is the right answer, but often times not. Since it appears that the system is working right now, if you're still having a problem, I suggest you try clearing your browser cache. You could even try with different web browsers to verify it's the same on each of them.

I also recommend going to the menu in the upper-right of the website and opening Notes (My Account and Ward / My Account / Notes). Do you see your notes on the Notes page?

Also, are you in a location with a good internet connection? Sometimes the interface for showing the highlights lags quite a bit from the interface that shows the words you are browsing. If you have a poor internet connection (which may be common if you're trying to access it in a church building), it may time out before it updates.

Let us know your findings and we'll see if we can help further.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”