Can't get Tags to show results

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jrstowell

Re: Can't get Tags to show results

Post by jrstowell »

Yes, it appears that with my android devices, I can still use my tags with capital letters, but they will not display correctly on lds.org. I get random (or no) results when I click on my tags on lds.org that were uppercase in the app. When I click on the lower case tags, they show up on the list in lds.org. I don't see any evidence of my uppercase tags being automatically converted to lowercase.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Yes, GL apps allow uppercase tags. Online Notes does not. To minimize issues between the two study tools, please always use lowercase tags.
jrstowell

Post by jrstowell »

On my device, the keyboard input, by default, starts the tag with a capital letter. Wish I knew this would be a problem before my 3000 tagged items. Will probably wait for the day when it's possible to rename tags. Thanks
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Hopefully that is a feature that will be developed. May I ask which device you are using?
jrstowell

Post by jrstowell »

1st generation Asus nexus
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jrstowell wrote:On my device, the keyboard input, by default, starts the tag with a capital letter.
I think that's pretty normal for anything Android. Maybe others as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jrstowell wrote:On my device, the keyboard input, by default, starts the tag with a capital letter.
I think that's pretty normal for anything Android. Maybe others as well.
That function can be changed in the Settings tool. But then it affects every keyboard using application.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”