Note won't diplay and D&C section 46 won't let me add notes

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
BreinholtKL

Re: Note won't diplay and D&C section 46 won't let me add no

Post by BreinholtKL »

Hi Jerry,

I will see if I can get those objects deleted. (Another team)

Just as a side note: What you have are 4 envelopes with nothing in them. As you pointed out they were created with the Windows Gospel library app. The Web app cannot display anything because there is nothing to display.

Just curious. Did you participate in a Windows Gospel Library beta? It would help the Windows developers trace down the problem to know one way or the other.

I'll report the problem to the Windows Gospel Library team, in addition to seeing if we can get your items deleted and making the Web annotation service ignore empty items.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll report back with any progress.

-Keith
BreinholtKL

Post by BreinholtKL »

Jerry,

Your notes have been fixed. Apparently you had an open <br> tag in your note text that confused the browser when rendering the content on the Notes page. Your text was all there but a browser will not know how to display the content it thinks is in the <br> tag and simply ignores it.

We have deleted the erroneous <br> tag and you should be good to go now. Your 5 remaining notes are still there.

I opened a bug for the web annotations to cleanup the text in notes before saving. I have also reached out to the mobile apps teams to do the same.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

-Keith
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Thanks for stopping in Keith, and for telling us what the issue was. It always helps to know what not to do.

Liz
gppierce

Post by gppierce »

thank you all for your help in fixing this issue

Jerry

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”