Moving the Bookmark

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
ismithf

Moving the Bookmark

Post by ismithf »

I would like to move a LDS.org scripture bookmark easily - especially to another chapter, or to where I am reading at the moment. Is that being worked on, or am I missing how to actually do that?
lmcguire

Re: Moving the Bookmark

Post by lmcguire »

I'm assuming you mean a bookmark in the Notes tool on LDS.org (https://www.lds.org/study-tools/folders?lang=eng), not a browser bookmark.

Never done this on LDS.org (I use Gospel Library for this kind of thing), but... I'm starting in the Notes tool, Types > Bookmarks. I pick one and it jumps me there. And I don't see a way to move the bookmark to content that's on another page. Further, I don't see a way to make a new bookmark - oh, found it - bottom of page, exploring again.... OK, I can select the new one and drag it between verses. I'm going to move to the next chapter... Hmm. That little bar at the bottom just disappeared! And it won't come back for any chapter other than the one I bookmarked! <arg> OK, there's something wrong with 1 Nephi 2 and 3 - they won't show the bottom toolbar, but 1 Nephi 1 and 4 do. Back to my experimenting... OK, I cannot find a way to move a bookmark on LDS.org to another page, only on the same page. You can delete it and then create a new one, but not move it. I also couldn't find a way to replace an existing bookmark (e.g. by giving a new one the same name/text - that hid one of the two, but they were still there in the Notes tool).

Not that it helps, but you can move bookmarks in Gospel Library (at least for Android).

FWIW,

Liz
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This issue was discussed at length in Moving Bookmark to Next Chapter? See in particular this post for an explanation of the different philosophies for bookmarks between the online scriptures and the mobile Gospel Library apps, and this post for a helpful workaround.
ramavy

Post by ramavy »

You have to scroll so that where you left off is at the top of the page.
Then, select the bookmark thing that shows your bookmarks. There should be an option to "Update Bookmark:"
This also works for when you go to a different chapter. :-)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ramavy wrote:You have to scroll so that where you left off is at the top of the page.
Then, select the bookmark thing that shows your bookmarks. There should be an option to "Update Bookmark:"
This also works for when you go to a different chapter. :-)
Thanks for trying to help, but it sure sounds like you're giving advice that is only relevant to the Gospel Library mobile app. This discussion is for the Scriptures on LDS.org. There is no "Update Bookmark" option on LDS.org.
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

This is still not resolved and now I can't even find bookmarks that I create.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”