Make it easier to update bookmarks

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
michaelajensen

Re: Make it easier to update bookmarks

Post by michaelajensen »

I've submitted feedback on this topic directly on lds.org and continue to get a similar cookie-cutter response every time. It's usually something along the lines of explaining the terminology difference between "favorites" and "bookmarks" My daughter submitted her feedback on the same topic since she felt the same difficulty in updating her scripture study bookmarks and got a similar response.

I feel like my feedback always falls on deaf ears no matter where I submit it. It is frustrating. Out of frustration, I've stopped using lds.org for my gospel study and use other sources. I do realize that the church is a slow-moving bureaucratic organization, but this particular "bug" has gone on for a very long time. It isn't a terribly difficult fix. I, and others, would be willing to volunteer our time to do it just to get rid of the annoyance. So I don't really agree with the argument about "decisions of how the church spends its money."

Without access to update the site or submit pull requests for code that runs the study-tools portion of the site, it would be possible to write a Chrome add-on that would provide that functionality (it would essentially re-write portions of the page as it appears in the browser). But such a solution would be a bit of a hack, not available to everyone and a waste of time compared to them just fixing the site.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

If you want the developers and project managers to see suggestions for improvement, you have to submit it through the feedback option found at the bottom of most lds.org web pages. Then they decide what the highest priority items are.
Complaining here does nothing.
michaelajensen

Post by michaelajensen »

Like I mentioned, I've done it multiple times over the years using the feedback option on lds.org. It appears that others have too.

I'm not complaining, just voicing my frustration in another channel in hopes that someone there will hear.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mikeyjens wrote:Like I mentioned, I've done it multiple times over the years using the feedback option on lds.org. It appears that others have too.
The LDS.org feedback system does have some automated responses. This is especially true for issues in which they have received a large number of feedback inputs. Please do not take the automated feedback as an indication that nothing is being done. Your particular feedback is routed to those who have the responsibility for the website or program concerned.

There is a small team of developers who are assigned their priorities for development or issue resolution. They do not get to choose what they work on. We have no way of knowing if or when a specific issue will be addressed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”