Transfering notes across accounts

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
meagenbm

Transfering notes across accounts

Post by meagenbm »

I have been using my husband's account for my notes on the scriptures, mostly via the Gospel Library app. (When I first started using it, I couldn't remember my password but he could remember his, so I started using his.)

I want to start using my own account for notes but can't figure out how to transfer my existing notes from his account to mine. Is there a way to do that?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Transfering notes across accounts

Post by sbradshaw »

This is possible if you have Gospel Library for Android (not possible in iOS).
On Gospel Library for Android:
1. Sign out of your husband's account and choose the "Keep" option to keep the annotations on the device.
2. Sign in as yourself and choose the "Keep" option to merge the annotations on your device into the newly signed-in account.
3. After making sure that everything transferred correctly and is synced (for example, log on to LDS.org with your own account and make sure your annotations show up there), you can remove all of your notes from your husband's account. Unfortunately, deleting has to be done manually, one note/annotation at a time.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
shafferprincess

Post by shafferprincess »

sbradshaw wrote:This is possible if you have Gospel Library for Android (not possible in iOS).
On Gospel Library for Android:
1. Sign out of your husband's account and choose the "Keep" option to keep the annotations on the device.
2. Sign in as yourself and choose the "Keep" option to merge the annotations on your device into the newly signed-in account.
3. After making sure that everything transferred correctly and is synced (for example, log on to LDS.org with your own account and make sure your annotations show up there), you can remove all of your notes from your husband's account. Unfortunately, deleting has to be done manually, one note/annotation at a time.
You are my hero, today, Bro. Bradshaw!!! Thank you SO much for posting this. I wish I had seen this answer back in February when you originally posted it - it would have saved me months of frustration. Thank you again!
gregtank

Post by gregtank »

I need to transfer notes across accounts but I don't see the option as listed above to save annotations. Has this process changed with the latest updates to the app?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In the current version of Gospel Library, there's no way to bulk copy notes and annotations from one account to another.
sarahandaaron

Post by sarahandaaron »

Would it be possible to put in a feature request to bring that feature back? I have used my husband's account for years, but now that I am in Pathways I have my own and wish that what you (Brother Samuel Bradshaw) described in 2017 was still available. Please put in a request to make is possible again if possible. Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

sarahandaaron wrote:Would it be possible to put in a feature request to bring that feature back? I have used my husband's account for years, but now that I am in Pathways I have my own and wish that what you (Brother Samuel Bradshaw) described in 2017 was still available. Please put in a request to make is possible again if possible. Thanks
The best way to put in a feature request for Gospel Library is by going to Settings in the app and choosing "Send Feedback." The feedback team prepares a regular report of the most common feature requests for the product manager to review. (That list is then prioritized against bug fixes, maintenance, department requests, budget allocations, and general authority-defined priorities.)

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”