This is strictly using the web site; I haven't investigated how all this works with the LDS Tools mobile app to see if there are synchronization or other issues.
- There are encoding/decoding problems in notes. For example, if I type "God's love" in my note, when I see it in the sidebar, I see "God's love"
- If I open a note to read it, the system assumes I have edited it and changes the note's date to today, even if I have changed nothing. I believe this has been an issue for quite some time with the system and isn't a new behavior. It's just more noticeable now because the date of your note is more readily visible in the new system (which I think is a good thing). This is more of a problem when reading a note in the scriptures, as opposed to My Study Notebook. Just opening it from the scriptures updates the date (viewing it in the sidebar does not). In My Study Notebook, I need to click in an editable field for the date to change.
- I have to click on the "related content" icon on every single page to see notes. It needs to remember your current preference across every page.
- It's very cumbersome to add a note. There are many more clicks than in the old experience. First a small panel pops up and then from that panel, I need to get another panel to pop up. Now I highlight something, click on style, then choose the style of my highlight. Then I click outside of it to get it to go away. Then I click on what I highlighted to get the first panel to pop up. Then I click on Notes and then a big panel pops up so I can enter notes. It's not a very friendly design, especially since many of the buttons on the first panel open up the same second panel and just put the cursor in a different location. At the very least, please add styles to the note-taking panel so I can do it all with fewer clicks.
- The note-taking panel is huge and I covers the content on which I'm taking notes. With the old experience, I could almost always see what I had highlighted while I was typing my notes. Now I find it's rather difficult to take notes because I can't read the content that I highlighted that impressed me to take a note in the first place. So I click out of the note to re-read it, go back to the note to type more, etc. Again, it's much more difficult to gather my thoughts and write a note. Maybe made it editable in the side panel instead? Or make the window moveable and resizable?
- I keep thinking I'd like an option to have the related content automatically scroll to where I am in the scripture/article. I'd want it to be an option that I could turn on and off. I know some people don't want auto-scroll from a previous discussion, that's why I suggest a button to enable/disable the behavior.
There are probably some other things, but these are the nagging issues that come to my mind pretty much every day when I try to use the New Experience. There are some nice things with the new experience and some things that are fixed that never worked well with the old experience (such as easily being able to add a note to more than one notebook).