Slow Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
toddhopkinson

Slow Scriptures

Postby toddhopkinson » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:16 am

What happened to the scriptures at scriptures.lds.org (now http://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures)?!?

I don't know how to express this politely but this user experience is almost unforgivable due to the delay every time one clicks either another book (from the side nav) or any footnote link. Using the scripture online now feels like moving in super-slow-motion.

Whether on Safari, Chrome (on my apple laptop) or on Safari on my iPad, it is pain-inducing (certainly frustrating) to experience this delay every single time I click a footnote half-wondering if the tap or click even registered until finally the footnote slides into view sometimes multiple seconds later!

Until this is fixed I think we should get old scriptures back. This isn't acceptable in my view... especially not with the scriptures. On my desktop machine (maxed out mac laptop running safari) it feels near-broken, truly. I'm upset, sorry, but these are the scriptures. The experience from those old cd disks version of the scriptures from long long ago were far far superior to this very frustrating version.

I hope work is underway to fix this. I apologize if this has been addressed in other posts, but a search for "slow scriptures" didn't show any awareness of these issues.

mevans

Re: Slow Scriptures

Postby mevans » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:50 am

I agree this is very painful - especially compared to the old scriptures where it was usually pretty quick. I guess I've been focused on providing feedback on the user interface problems and haven't focused on performance.

I suggest you submit Feedback (left panel of the gospel library - scroll it all the way to the bottom and click on Feedback) about the performance issues. They're probably tired of hearing from me ;)

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”