Invalid Date

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
kirstan

Invalid Date

Post by kirstan »

The notes I have made in the scriptures the past few days say "Invalid Date." What can I do about this?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Invalid Date

Post by sbradshaw »

kirstan wrote:The notes I have made in the scriptures the past few days say "Invalid Date." What can I do about this?
Are you making the notes from the scriptures at Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org in a web browser, or using an app?
Where do you see the "Invalid Date" message – is it a popup, or a message at the top, or something full screen that prevents you from seeing the note, or something else?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cgcrandall

Post by cgcrandall »

I am getting the same "invalid date" indication when I input a note while accessing the Gospel Library online via my mac computer. I will highlight a section, select Note, type in a note. When I go back to that highlighted section and select the note, I see "invalid date" above the note title. Also, that note goes away when I leave gospel library and then re-enter it. It is as if I never entered the note. I don't have the same problem when I enter a note via my ipad.

Here is the link I used where I input a note. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... g?lang=eng

I confirmed that I am logged in when this occurs.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It's been doing that for me for a few weeks. It's newer behavior. When I go back the next day, it shows the correct date, so I haven't worried about it too much.
keyoubo

Post by keyoubo »

I've had the same issue for many weeks. It appears at the top of the note I've written, to the left of the three dots that you can pull down to edit. I made a note in the Come, Follow Me lesson. It is not saving. I'm using a web browser on my laptop.
mevans

Post by mevans »

keyoubo wrote:I've had the same issue for many weeks. It appears at the top of the note I've written, to the left of the three dots that you can pull down to edit. I made a note in the Come, Follow Me lesson. It is not saving. I'm using a web browser on my laptop.
I'm not sure I understand your comment. You first indicate that you've seen the "invalid date" on a note, but later indicate that you made a note and it doesn't save. Are you saying that for weeks you create a note, see it on the sidebar with "invalid date" and then when you refresh the page, the note is gone?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”